Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Yeah wts we have messy wood here in coalcrackerville PA

Butter and Earl Campbell seasoning  ;D

nepas

westexasmoker

AhhhHahhh....I've got Nepas under the spell!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

BigJohnT

Mmmm, looks good. How long did you smoke them?

John

mikecorn.1

do you leave the husks on the cob.
Mike

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BigJohnT on July 22, 2009, 09:58:48 AM
Mmmm, looks good. How long did you smoke them?

John

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 22, 2009, 10:07:31 AM
do you leave the husks on the cob.

Peel back the husks, remove the silk and soak em for 1 hour in cold water. Roll the husks back onto the cobb and place in smoker for 40 mins smoke at 225*
Then just heat for 45 mins. wrap in foil and let sit for 15 mins. Butter, season and enjoy.

nepas

FLBentRider

Looks good Nepas!

I assume the soak is in water ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BigJohnT

I can't wait for the sweet corn to be ready...

John

smokeitall

I can't wait either, hopefully it will be done on a day that I can help pick it out of the field  :)

OU812

Quote from: smokeitall on July 22, 2009, 10:37:33 AM
I can't wait either, hopefully it will be done on a day that I can help pick it out of the field  :)

Our sweet corn is getting close. I'm going to check it again when I get home. Got to get it b4 the critters do, those 4 legged coons do allot of damage on it but they sure no when its ready. We planted just over 1/2 acre with two diff germination rates so if every thing works out we should have two diff harvest's

NePaSmoKer

I got mine from an Amish farm, 10 ears for $1.75

nepas

mikecorn.1

Mike

smokeitall

Quote from: OU812 on July 22, 2009, 01:04:50 PM
Quote from: smokeitall on July 22, 2009, 10:37:33 AM

Our sweet corn is getting close. I'm going to check it again when I get home. Got to get it b4 the critters do, those 4 legged coons do allot of damage on it but they sure no when its ready. We planted just over 1/2 acre with two diff germination rates so if every thing works out we should have two diff harvest's

I wished I lived a little closer to ya...I would help you pick your 1/2 acre and then help you consume a few ears.  Fresh Sweet corn is on my top 5 favorites for the summer...I can't wait for a good ear.  I bought some from the grocery store (4 for a buck) and I almost didn't want to finish them....yuck  Everything is kinda late down here, we had cool temps and grounds that had a little to much flooding.

OU812

They want 6 bucks a doz around here.
I think we can make our money back in one night.  ;)

Smokin Soon

5 for a buck here for sweet white, but it won't last too long.