• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

beef loin tri tip help!

Started by jrunyon22, July 15, 2009, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrunyon22

ok , this is my 1st post everyone. Ive my BS for bout 3months now, im a regular vistitor on this forum, but like i said this is my 1st post..anyways, just bought 2.5 lb beef loin tri tip and wondering how i should go about cooking this..should i ley the orignal bradley smoker handle it,   how long should i smoke /cook it....or should i throw it on the grill? i dont know about this cut if meat, couldnt find anything on cooking it..just need some help, thankx guys

ps.... throwing a 8lb brisket in tomo9rrow morning and then 3lb pork loin tomorrow after noon....excited!! ;D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum jrunyon22!

I'm in Florida, I've never seen a tri-tip, but I'm sure someone who has will be along shortly
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

jruny, welcome to the forum.

having done many tri tips what i would do is a light to mediumn seasoning of the following

crushed garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, smoke 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 220 then turn off smoke generaator and finish till  an IT of 145 to 150, if you like your tri tip fall apart tender then take it to an IT of 195 - 200 you should be happy with the resualts. cooking  time should be 1 to 1 hr 30 mins per pound

Smokin Soon

tri tips are not usually that big. are u sure it's a tri tip?

jrunyon22

well according to the label, i doubled checked, it says beef loin, tri tip AST.........its 2.75lbs, goes for bout 4.70 lb...