Stupid Brisket

Started by Superporky, July 17, 2009, 02:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superporky

I looked all over Milwaukee (southside) well I googled it anyway, for a whole brisket and I came up with nothing notta zilch!!  Any suggestions for the area?  I usually go to Rays on Loomis but they were out.  Then I found a beef tenderloin on sale $5.99 a pound so thats what Im doing today, take a look at the recipe and let me know what ya think or if you have any suggestions on that too I posted it Tamarind Tenderloin in this section.  Thanks fellas.

westexasmoker

I've got 10 in the freezer...should I ship one out to ya!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HawkeyeSmokes

The only places I've been able to find them where I am in WI, are Sam's Club and Wally World. Good luck hunting those down. Hey, does Rays still have good fish on Fridays? I always thought they had some of the best around that area.
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

The only place I've found them is at Sams Club, or I order from my butcher, but its expensive.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

HawkeyeSmokes & Superporky,

I live in New Berlin, Wi. and the best place to buy brisket is Sams Club. The cost in membership will be off set by the price saving. They are also the best place to buy babyback ribs. I have also gone to El Reys, a Mexican chain, that has them and other cuts of interesting meat. I believe that there is a Costco in German Town which is another alternative.

Walmart is building a super Walmart on Moorland Rd, south of the Ridge Cinema which should be good.

There is also talk about a Woodman's on Good Hope Rd. I do not know if this is for sure.

I have been using my Bradley for about 6 years and I love it.

Brad

HawkeyeSmokes

Thanks for the info Brad. I couldn't agree more with you on the cost savings at Sam's for brisket and ribs. I just got my membership since getting my smoker a couple months ago just so I have a good source for these. And their pricing on pork butts is pretty good to.

Don't live in the Milwaukee area now. Moved back near Eau Claire about 6 years ago but remember lots of the places down there. Used to go to El Rays often. They do have quite the variety in the meat counter. And their little cafeteria had awesome food. Best chicken chimichanga ever there.
HawkeyeSmokes

Superporky

Not sure if the fish is good or not but they still have it as far as I know.

pensrock

I can't even find brisket at wally world. Been dying to do another since the last came out so good. Theres another market about 20 miles away that I have not checked yet, maybe take a short road trip tomorrow.

NePaSmoKer

I have 5 in the freezer. I get my packers at B&M meat provisions they range in weight from 9 to 14lbs.

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: pensrock on July 17, 2009, 04:46:20 PM
I can't even find brisket at wally world. Been dying to do another since the last came out so good. Theres another market about 20 miles away that I have not checked yet, maybe take a short road trip tomorrow.

Hey Pens, don't know if will work but have you tried asking the meet geek at Wally World if they can get some in? Worth a try. I have seen them at a Super Target, but pretty expensive.
HawkeyeSmokes

pensrock

The last one I got was at wally world, I have asked a couple times and they say all they got is corned beef.  ???

I'll find some sooner or later, may be too expensive for a cheep cut of meat by time I find it.

car54

Sam's Club is also good for pork butts and brisket. I am pretty much guaranteed of getting what I want when ever I go there. They also offer a good case discount which is about 20 percent if I recall. They have some good beef cuts which some day I will try.

Brad