St Louis Cut Ribs

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, July 16, 2009, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Had time to smoke some ribs today. They turned out pretty good IMHO.

Tried a few sauces on these. Used a Sweet Baby Ray's and doubt I will again. To sweet for me. The Archer Farms Texas Style with chipotle peppers was pretty good. But the hands down winner was, the Mustard Vinegar sauce Mr Walleye posted for pulled pork.
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359
It was awesome on the ribs. Wish I would have done them all with it.  ;D

HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

Looking great HS!

I don't put the sauce on until I serve.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

HS

MMMMMMMMM good looking ribs.

nepas

westexasmoker

Very nice HS, very nice indeed!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HawkeyeSmokes

Hey, thanks guys. Still learning and playing with this new toy. And sure am having fun with it. So many ideas to try, so many items to smoke, what's a guy to do? Try them all? If i have to, I guess!!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

seemore

hawkeye looks great .sby that suff s@#^ks
seemore

Mr Walleye

Thanks for the post Hawkeye. I have never tried it on ribs! But I'll have to try it now for sure!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

OU812

Nice looking ribs there HS

Did up some ribs this last weekend, damm that was good.

Pulled some out of the freezer for lunch today, cant wait.

Going to have to try some mustard sauce on the ribs sometime.

easyridinole

Them are some really good looking ribs HS!

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

easyridinole

I have tried Sweet Baby Ray's on pulled pork and like it, but I have never tried it on ribs yet. I took vacation this next week so I have a few things to do in the smoker and ribs is one of them. Hopefully they will turn out as I have never done them before.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

car54

Where I live we have quarts of Sweet Baby Ray's at the Menards store at a very good price. They have a couple of different flavors. I use it on my pulled pork with good results.

My wife brought home some different flavors of Manwich which were very good and I will be trying those on my pulled pork and ribs.

Brad