• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Mexican Caviar

Started by westexasmoker, August 03, 2009, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

I made a batch of 10.5's Texas Caviar (which is most excellent, if you haven't tried it) the other night.  The wife said it reminded her of Rhonda's (sister-in-law) mexican caviar that she made a few years back for a get together.  So I had to pester her for the recipe....Great with chips!  I like it topping my baked tater!

2 cans chopped black olives
2 cans chopped Rotel drained (Rotel is simply diced tomatos and green chilis, if ya can't find it)
4 chopped green onions
2 Tbl olive oil
3 Tsp red cooking wine
2 cloves garlic, chopped
season salt to taste
black pepper to taste

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

mikecorn.1

Looks good, going to have to do that for the wife, she loves black olives.
Mike

Tenpoint5

That Look's PDG there WTS. I copied it and will give it a try.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Never heard of Mexican Caviar - but that sure looks like it would go on a sammy and make that sammy be unforgettable!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

I have never herd of Texas or Mexican Caviar but both do sound like something to try dont no on what or how it should be served

Maybe rolled up in a deer loin and wrapped in bacon  ;)

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there westexasmoker,

Your caviar sure looks good. I am invited a a plate party (you know when every one supposed to bring in a plate of something) and I was assigned the deviled eggs. Just called and announced I will be bringing in a surprise; but I will be calling it westtexasmoker's caviar.

Sure looks great

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Tenpoint5

I'm thinking that would be good on Fish Taco's!! Soft Shelled Taco couple pieces of deep fried fish a dollop of this and a dollop of sour cream.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Leftover brisket with twice baked tater topped with the caviar

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Caneyscud

That sound you just heard and the low rumble you just felt was me fainting over the sight of something that looks soooooo gooooood!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"