• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tamarind Tenderloin

Started by Superporky, July 17, 2009, 02:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superporky

Alright Im trying a new recipe today.  Its Beef Tenderloin rubbed with pickapeppa sauce then with a tamarind rub that consist of garlic powder, ginger, allspice, brown sugar, and salt.  Im going to make a tamarind sauce to go with it.  Thats got cream cheese, pickapeppa sauce, half/half, minced garlic, and some scallions.  The tenderloin is pan seared with the rub and pickapeppa sauce on it then put in the smoker at 200 till it reaches about 145 IT.  Im going to mop it in a moment with some veg oil, beef stock, and pickapeppa sauce.  I will try to post some pics but I have to find my camera first the figure out how to do it.  Hope it turns out well.

Habanero Smoker

This sounds real good. Let us know how it works out. With the searing first, you won't get smoke penetration, but you should get enough smoke adhesion. With a small cut like that, you should be able to obtain a good smoke flavor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Superporky

I see should I consider cold smoking before I sear it?  And if so how long?

Habanero Smoker

It should turn out fine the way you have planned, but cold smoking is an option. There are others on this board that have hot smoked and seared after the meat has been fully cooked. Everyone's taste for smoke is different. For small cuts of meat I only like to apply two hours of smoke. For beef my favorite wood is oak, followed by hickory or as a third choice mesquite; or you can mix the flavors.

This recipe really sounds interesting. Be sure to post your results.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

3rensho

QuoteI will try to post some pics but I have to find my camera first the figure out how to do it.

Here's a link on how to post pix -

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

Sounds like a great recipe.  I like tamarind.  Looking forward to the pix.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Superporky

Ok so I finished the tenderloin.  It was fantastic.  However, the sauce was interesting.  I didnt like the flavor of the sauce by itself but it was ok when I put it with the meat.  Im not sure really what to think about it.  I took pics and when I find my camera cord I will add the pics. 

Habanero Smoker

A lot of sauces don't taste right until you apply it to the meat. Also, let us know how you finally decided on which way you smoke/cook it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Superporky

I cooked as I described pan seared then smoked.  It came out wonderful. still looking for the camera cord and now my camcorder.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Superporky on July 20, 2009, 03:00:31 AM
I cooked as I described pan seared then smoked.  It came out wonderful. still looking for the camera cord and now my camcorder.

Pictures are good, but a recipe would be better. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 20, 2009, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: Superporky on July 20, 2009, 03:00:31 AM

Pictures are good, but a recipe would be better. ;D

A new recipe is always fun to try. I'm with Habs on this one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!