• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How long to generate smoke

Started by ArcheryAffliction, July 22, 2009, 07:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcheryAffliction

First time user here. Trying to get my Bradley 6 rack with digital generator working. How long to get smoke to start going. I had to take the digital timer apart to fix the E error and the smoke seems to take a long time to generate. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Shane

Tiny Tim

Are you just watching for it to come out the vent on top, or have you opened the door to check smoke buildup?  It won't be visible out the top for quite a while, I've noticed, but it fills the cabinet pretty well.  As long as your plate is hot (don't touch it!!!!!!!!!!!), you're good to go.

Gizmo

Did you turn on the smoke generator?  There is a separate power switch for the generator and the oven.  Is there a wood bisquette on the burner?  It takes 3 cycles of the advance switch to get the first puck on if you loaded the bisquettes after turning on the unit (the unit will automatically cycle when turned on).  Once you turn on the unit, I would suggest a 20 to 40 minute warm up to get the unit up to temp and the smoke generator plate hot.  The bisquette should start to smolder after about 5 minutes.  May take a few more minutes for the smoke to make it out the top.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/