• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just curious: How long is a "newbie" a "newbie"?

Started by kaz, July 22, 2009, 05:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaz

Just curious, I guess ..... the pay is no different but I haven't found any explanation as to the various levels of the members on this forum.
I've seen a whole bunch of titles, but nothing about how that happens!!!
KAZ

Caribou

Hi Kaz,
The posters' "title" changes with the number of postings.
Regardless of how many postings I've done so far, I KNOW that I'm still a newbie when it comes to smoking food! :D
Carolyn

deb415611

kaz,

Not positive but I think it changes at 100.  I know there are changes at 500 & 1000 .   Someone who actually knows will probably come along and post the actual titles & post counts soon.

Deb

NePaSmoKer

Deb has right info for you. Brian will be able to give you the info on how the post rankings are too.

Me i really dont pay to much never mind to it. Just means i have way too much time on my hands  :D

Oh look i'm almost at 4300   DOH i looked

nepas

FLBentRider

0-99   Newbie
100   Jr. Member
300   Full Member
500   Sr. Member
1000   Hero Member
2000   Member Extraordinaire
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

kaz

As usual -------> another THANK YOU to the great folks here.
I NEVER noticed the little numbers below our user names ....... NOW I understand.
Well designed.
I guess I need to do more typing than reading if I ever want a different moniker.
And I'll make twice the money!!!!
Cheers, KAZ
KAZ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: kaz on July 22, 2009, 09:35:33 AM
I NEVER noticed the little numbers below our user names ....... NOW I understand.
Well designed.
I guess I need to do more typing than reading if I ever want a different moniker.
Cheers, KAZ

Your making $$

Hey thats not fair for a noob   (just funning)

nepas

Up In Smoke

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 22, 2009, 09:37:41 AM
Quote from: kaz on July 22, 2009, 09:35:33 AM
Well designed.
Cheers, KAZ

Your making $$

Hey thats not fair for a noob   (just funning)

nepas
Nepas i wouldn't share any more receipts with him till he breaks out of newbie camp. :D (here too)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kaz

I'm truly pleased to be referred to as a "newbie" versus a virgin ............... nobody ever wants that anchor hanging over their head (over the age of 18, of course)...... and, in my case, I'm just lucky I found a woman who'd put up with me.............
I guess I gotta type more, smoke more, and stop just reading everyone else's posts!!!
I'm glad to be part of this fine group.
KAZ

Up In Smoke

Quote from: kaz on July 22, 2009, 03:48:32 PM
I'm truly pleased to be referred to as a "newbie" versus a virgin ............... nobody ever wants that anchor hanging over their head (over the age of 18, of course)...... and, in my case, I'm just lucky I found a woman who'd put up with me.............
I guess I gotta type more, smoke more, and stop just reading everyone else's posts!!!
I'm glad to be part of this fine group.
I for one am glad you joined us Kaz looks like you are gonna fit this forum perfectly.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Slamdunk

As I am approaching the "BIG 60", I tell ya, its nice to be labeled a virgin!!!  ;D But maybe "Junior" would be a slight improvement....maybe I'll post more.