• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hydraulic Sausage Stuffer

Started by twl, July 28, 2009, 12:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twl

I posted this on General Info but then thought this may be the best place to get to those interested in sausage.

A couple years ago I started making sausage because you just couldn't get good sausage here in the Idaho Panhandle. I bought Rytek Kutas' book "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing" at Cahela's and started making great sausage right away. Breakfast sausage, Polish Kielbasa, Bratwurst, whatever, it all came out great. My big bottleneck was stuffing. A neighbor (retired butcher) put me on to a hydraulic stuffer that comes with various tubes for stuffing different sized sausage as well as ribbon shape for Jerkey. I have stuffed more than 200 lbs of sausage using this tool and love it. Take a look on their web page. http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com
twl
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

Smokin Soon

That's a cool tool, they had some bad rap before with leakage and such. I will give this another look.

Habanero Smoker

I don't use mine that often. I bought it three years ago, but I have never had a leakage problem. I also do not use the quick connect fittings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)