• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Got my Bradley today

Started by joerom, July 27, 2009, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joerom

I just picked up my Bradley from Cabela's with the special deal today.I have installed the PID and it is about right on as far as temp.I have also seasoned it.I have other things to do this week,but will try to smoke some ribs before the week is out.I can't wait.

FLBentRider

Looks good. I bet you can't wait.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Looking good there joerom!  I sure like that install of the PID in the SG!  Keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

kaz

You really do nice work!!!
You could market a kit ......... or do a retrofit exchange on the smoke generators!!
KAZ

joerom

Hello,thanks everyone.Although I do metalwork as a hobby(miniature engines,live steam,etc.),this is really not difficult.I used normal tools,that most would have on hand,that is,a drill and file.I looked at the description in "Olds Place-PID Controller",and just adapted to make it fit in the smoker.The parts were from Auber.So,people here should not shy away from this.I chose the in smoker install,because I wanted to keep it all together.I even used the cheap thermocouple from Auber.I think it was$6.95.I also added the heat sink for the relay.It keeps temperature right on.By the way,Auber is sure does ship fast.I also purchased the nice aluminum pucks from them,Joe.

3rensho

That is a pretty PID installation.  Beyond my limited metal working skills to be sure.  Yes, Auber is a first rate firm to do business with - even from this side of the pond.  I got their aluminum "Bubba Pucks" too, the ones that are just rings.  I've used them a lot now and they work flawlessly.  They cool quickly too which is a plus for my finger tips  ;D

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

mikecorn.1

Mike

Caneyscud

Quote from: joerom on July 28, 2009, 06:59:48 AM
Hello,thanks everyone.Although I do metalwork as a hobby(miniature engines,live steam,etc.),this is really not difficult.

Joeram - You da man.  Two things I want to do before I die is to make a 1/4 scale working V8 and hot rod for it.  And a working live steam locomotive.  I've already drooled and dreamed over some of the websites.  Also want to machine a fly fishing reel or two.  Right now, I don't have the tools, money for the tools, machining knowledge, money or time to acquire the knowledge, etc... maybe some day! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"