• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Apple smoking bacon wrapped shrimp and scallops.

Started by rdevous, August 18, 2009, 10:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdevous

Brined three each scallops and (16/20) shrimps for 30 minutes then wrapped them in Baltimore's best Esskay bacon.  There are now in the OBS for 30 minutes with apple pucks.  Doing a test run for tomorrows dinner...shrimp and scallop Alfredo.  Not sure on the pasta yet...either linguine or angel hair.  YUM!!!  :)

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

mikecorn.1

Sound good. I love bacon wrapped uhhhhhh, anything, were's the pics.  ;D
Mike

rdevous

They were delicious! I checked them at 30 minutes and decided to give them another 10 minutes.  They were still moist inside.  Might swap cayenne pepper for the chili powder in the brine recipe I found on the Smoking Meat Forum.  As they say in restaurants... "I'd order that again!"  The apple smoke was nice on the seafood.  It was there but I knew that I was eating seafood. 

Should be good in the Alfredo tomorrow.

Ray

muzzletim

Post some pictures! I would love to see them. They sound great!
Tim

OU812

The bacon wraped shrimp sounds good, but being land locked in the middle of cow country im not sure what a scallops are

Do post some picts. Seeing is always helpfull

pkcdirect

Here is a video on cooking scallops... Not smoked but shows what they look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-fIjFrPjJU
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on August 19, 2009, 10:23:45 AM
The bacon wraped shrimp sounds good, but being land locked in the middle of cow country im not sure what a scallops are

Do post some picts. Seeing is always helpfull
Scallops in our neck of the woods hang down on the south side of a north bound bull calf OU!!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rdevous

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 19, 2009, 10:43:07 AM

Scallops in our neck of the woods hang down on the south side of a north bound bull calf OU!!! ;D ;D

You're thinking of Prairie Oysters!!!  ::) ::) ::)  LOL

Ray

OU812

Quote from: rdevous on August 19, 2009, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 19, 2009, 10:43:07 AM
You're thinking of Prairie Oysters!!!  ::) ::) ::)  LOL
Ray

We call them bull fries

pkcdirect, cant do any streaming video on the computer at work cause of the man up stairs and the one at home took a crap needless to say at home i was on a land line and it sucked

KyNola

The video shows a sea scallop.  There is also a bay scallop which is much much smaller.  They are both equally delicious and cook in no time.  A very sweet and tender meat much like the consistency of shrimp.  And like shrimp, overcook them and you have a rubbery piece of meat.  Done correctly, they are delicious.

Not bad for a guy born and raised in horse, pig and cow country, huh? ;)

KyNola