Is a 6 rack only avalable as the digital version?

Started by dannyd, September 04, 2009, 09:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyd

Think they would sell me the 6 rack chamber without the digital smoke generator? I guess the only difference between the digital and the original is the smoke generator and a pid sort of device to control the generator rite?

I want the larger chamber to cold smoke salmon sides hanging rather than laying on the trays. Would this work in the normal 4 rack versions guys?

Hopefull Romantic

I am not sure but would venture to say that the 6 rack only comes digital.

No I have the DBS6 and I have done the smoked salmon haung and it was no problem. I imagine you wont have a problem either if you choose you pieces wisely.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

Quote from: dannyd on September 04, 2009, 09:34:00 AM
Think they would sell me the 6 rack chamber without the digital smoke generator? I guess the only difference between the digital and the original is the smoke generator and a pid sort of device to control the generator rite?

I want the larger chamber to cold smoke salmon sides hanging rather than laying on the trays. Would this work in the normal 4 rack versions guys?

Heck if thats all you want the larger smoker for why dont you make a box the size you want out of wood and mount the generator to it?

dannyd

Heck if thats all you want the larger smoker for why dont you make a box the size you want out of wood and mount the generator to it?
[/quote]

Hahaha to be honest its a couple of things. I don't have spare wood laying around in the garden so would have to buy some. Experience from wanting to build my own biltong box made me realise that purchasing the wood and making it from scratch meant i wasn't really making any saving over just buying a ready made biltong box! Then theres the aspect of the time and skill involved in building a decent mini "smoke house" to do the job well and even with my 2 years of school woodwork lessons i doubt i have the carpentry skills required lol  :D

Hopefull Romantic, thanks for the info.

mikecorn.1

Plus the Bradley tower looks dam good sitting there.  8)  ;D
Mike

dannyd

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on September 04, 2009, 03:06:22 PM
Plus the Bradley tower looks dam good sitting there.  8)  ;D

hehehe you got the 6 rack digital too huh  :)