• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smoked rytek snack sticks with new Grizzly 5 # stuffer!

Started by muzzletim, September 14, 2009, 08:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzletim

Hi all,

Smoked 5 #'s of Salmon and 10 lbs of Ryteks snack sticks this weekend. I had a horrible time the first time I made them with my 3 # hand stuffer, ended up breaking my spout ect.. I had ordered a new Grizzly 5 # stuffer right after and used it to stuff my sticks into 20-22 sheep casings. What a difference, it really worked well. I should have bought one years ago.

Everything came out super!!!!
Tim

OU812

Glad to here everything worked out this time with the snack sticks, sure makes the whole thing allot more fun when you have the right equipment.

Caribou

That's good news Tim,
My first experience with snack sticks made me upgrade to a 5# stuffer, too.
I was using a KitchenAid stuffer attachment on my mixer and it was horribly slow. :(
Carolyn

bundy

WOW! Those look great, what was in them and do you share your recipe? I'm really new to the forum and it looks like one of the best I"ve seen. Everytime I try sticks they are a flop!

Tenpoint5

Congrat's Tim. Now all you need is that big ol fat doe in your sights. They taste better anyhow. Missed out on our muzzle loader season this year, 7600 tags sold out in 4 days. Guess I will hold out for the doe season during Thanksgiving.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Glad to hear that you love that new stuffer Tim. Always good to hear about positive experiences.
HawkeyeSmokes