• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OK NOW WHAT?

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 17, 2009, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Well the chicken went to family. Me and my neighbor only kept 8 cases between us. It almost sounds like we may be getting 10 cases of beef fajita too.

Like Ky said, GUUUUUUUMP

nepas

OU812

I still dont under stand why they cant give stuff like this to the needy.

Here in Neb. we can give our deer to the needy if we dont want it, you have to go through the proper channels of course.

Caribou

What a haul Nepas!
Getting that time for an extra freezer  ;)
Carolyn

Habanero Smoker

Wow! That is a great score.

Just a thought, if he can't donate it directly to a shelter, couldn't you take all of it and keep what you need and then donate the rest to the local shelters, churches and food banks. Of course this would take some planning ahead of time, you don't want 10 cases of food rotting in your back yard. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

easyridinole

I had to laugh after seeing this!  ;D You need a another neighbor that sells appliances!!  :D :D

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Wildcat

Nice haul! 

I have several retired truck drivers in my family. A couple of them hauled food - mostly produce. Due to health regulations in the various states, when drivers deliver their merchandise, if even one item within a case, i.e. case of bananas is bad, then the whole case is generally rejected. Technically it should be trashed but the truck driver many times can keep the reject. Many times the truckers keep some and give the rest to family and friends.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

A few years ago, our County's fire departments scored a full semi-load (I think...may have only been a half) of chicken pieces through the process Wildcat stated.  Driver couldn't use it so he took it to local refrigeration place and told the Chief in the County Seat town it was all theirs.  Dad and I also got a couple of cases of sliced pepperoni from one of our customers once.

That's part of the reason I want to go truck driving for a while, but don't want to make a career out of it.  Just do it for a while and see a lot of the country on somebody else's dime.  I know it ain't that easy, but that's what I'd like to do.

Wildcat

I understand what you are saying Tiny. Here is something to consider - My Dad is a retired driver with over 35 years on the road. I drove for about 8 months. When you drive for a living the bosses do not allow for time to see the sights. Most of your driving will be interstate. Time is money in the truck driving industry. If the truck is not rolling, then it is not making money. Hard to see the country from the interstate. On the interstate you can see wide open flat land, mountains (with and without trees), rolling hills, desert, snow, rain, ice, and A LOT OF STUPID IDIOTS THAT SEEM TO BE TRYING TO GET YOU KILLED.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Yeah i know, i would have liked to donate it. I talked to the lead man of the cafeteria and he said because its GOV bought USDA food its either give it to employees or trash it. To much legal GOV red tape mumbo jumbo to go through.

nepas

Quarlow

I'll second that Wildcat. Their is nothing glamourous about life on the highway. Every load was supposed to be there yesterday and no matter how fast you get there you were late or your an asshole. And somplaces if you are late they send you away and say make a new appointment, which could be a couple of days away. So then you have too make arrangements for someone else to deliver it because if you don't you will be late for your next delivery and then the guy who delivers your miss appointment gets a cut of your profits. God I miss life on the hiways.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.