• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

what kind of bird was this??

Started by squirtthecat, September 20, 2009, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Perhaps Caribou would know..   This was wandering around in my buddies back yard.   There is a horse farm behind them with various kinds of unusual critters, and it probably hopped through the fence.

He said it looked/walked/had feathers like a chicken, but he couldn't find the eyes on it.

Link to hi-res pic.

squirtthecat

Here it is full-sized...  You might have to scroll a bit.

ArnieM

Hi STC,

First, I see no picture in your post.  But, I went to quote for a reply and the link was clearly there.  I pasted it into my browser and could see the picture.  This is strange.  I pasted the whole thing including the img tags into this post and did a preview.  Nothing shows up.  I removed the img tags so that it showed up as a valid-looking URL.  I can see it's the same as in your original post.  When I click it, I get a 404.  But, as I said, pasting the URL into my browser works fine.  I don't get it.

Now, onto the bird.  It certainly looks like a chicken or a close relative.  Look at the feet.  It is probably looking the other way - or it's headless.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ArnieM

STC, now your original link works AND the pic shows up in your second post.

HS, your link works as well.  It's the same one I pasted into my reply, did a preview and got a 404 on.

The wonders of computing.  :o

STC, your subject reads "what kind of bird WAS this??"  Does that mean it has been smoked and eaten?  ???
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on September 20, 2009, 08:09:40 AM
STC, your subject reads "what kind of bird WAS this??"  Does that mean it has been smoked and eaten?  ???

No, his neighbors came and retrieved it..  It's safe.  For now.

Hopefull Romantic

STC

I believe this is a special breed of Polish chicken.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ArnieM

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 20, 2009, 10:55:51 AM
STC

I believe this is a special breed of Polish chicken.
Hmmmm.  Maybe good for Polish sausage?

HR

-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Well, if it shows up in his yard again, we'll nab it and FedEx the little bugger to Nepas.   He can make a tiny little polish snack stick out of it....

The lack of discernible eyes, or head for that matter, kinda creeped my buddy out.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 20, 2009, 03:45:54 PM

Well, if it shows up in his yard again, we'll nab it and FedEx the little bugger to Nepas.   He can make a tiny little polish snack stick out of it....

The lack of discernible eyes, or head for that matter, kinda creeped my buddy out.

I think your to late. He's gone AWOL again so someone (or thing) might have beat ya to it.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes