• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cabelas Bradley Lower quality than previous models?

Started by robpiat, September 19, 2009, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robpiat

I am thinking I am going to have to try to get a refund on my Cabelas OBS

I smoked twice and then the thermostat started working intermittently. I called Bradley and they happily sent me a replacement. Then I noticed that the paint was flaking off near the vent on top and around where the smoke generator connects to the smoker.

Today, I fired it up and the thermostat is crapped out again.

Additional observations

1. The screws that I removed to hold the thermostat plastic assembly have little or nothing to bite into.

2. All of the plastic areas are getting little stress cracks near any flex area

Overall it looks like something you buy at walmart to use for a season and replace. I am debating calling bradley or just trying to return it to Cabelas. I REALLY like the concept, design, and operation of the Bradley so I am in a pickle.

kleen2000

I bought my OBS from Cabela's a few months ago when they had the $200 deal. I've used it several times now with no troubles. Just my $.02

Huntnfreak

I think whichever one you contact first will take care of you.  Every contact I've had with Bradley has resulted in good customer service.  I've also been a long time Cabela's customer with nothing but good things to say about them.  If it were me though, I would probably start with Bradley.  If you have a model Cabela's doesn't carry anymore they won't be able to do an even trade to get you a new one.  Bradley has a little more to work with I would think.

OU812

If you have a Cabela's with in driving distance and the receipt I would take it back to them and get a new one.

I dont have the OBS but what I do know is it dont have a thermostat but rather it has a rheostat and what I have herd is if you get allot of condensation in the cabnet it will drip down and out the door possably into your rheostat causing it to fail. The build up of condensation is likely from not having your vent open enough, the vent should be open at least half or more when in use.

mikecorn.1

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, I've never had any problems with my BDS4.
Mike