How common is the face plate cracking?

Started by JGW, October 04, 2009, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGW

While setting up the OBS today, I noticed cracks in the face plate by the left and right most screws. 

I'll call Bradley to see about getting another faceplate, but it leaves me with the question of how common is this?

Hopefull Romantic

I have heard about a couple of other incidents like that before; nothing magor and could be a shipping issue but you are on the right track. Call Bradley and you will be taken care of immediately. Their customer service department is second to none

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Wildcat

VERY common. I bought my OBS about 3 years ago and mine cracked soon after getting it. I store it indoors and elevate the front slightly so that no liquids drain out of the box while smoking. Never had a problem.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

JGW

I just saw that "adding" feet thread.  I'll get another faceplate and either add the feet or use a board.  Thinking about making something to house it so I can roll it around.

Thanks all  ;D

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigJohnT

The cracks most likely are from using the wrong type of screw. A typical screw designed for fastening plastic to a metal object have a small shoulder that prevents the screw from stressing the plastic. From the looks of design I would guess that most face plates are cracked.

John

Quarlow

Neither my OBS or My brothers DBS have had any trouble with the faceplates cracking. I have had Mine for 8 months, And My bro has had his for 6 months. But I like that up grade with the rear feet on the front with the washers. I think I will just pop over to Bradleys head office on friday and get a couple sets for us. Oh sorry there was a hint of bragging in there. yuk.yuk. Maybe I'll even have coffee with Brian while I'm there.LOL.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

HawkeyeSmokes

You won't need the feet for your brothers  DBS Quarlow. The problem is on the OBS only as the DBS doesn't have the face plate.
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

squirtthecat

I just noticed mine had a crack in it when I was moving it out to it's new home...  Doesn't see to affect anything.  I will add some additional 'feet' like the post suggests.