• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator

Started by Kthammer, October 17, 2009, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kthammer

I have had my 6 rack smoker for over 2 years now. This evening I started it up and when I went to turn the smoke generator on...as soon as it started to push the bisquettes it tripped the breaker. So I started all over again after cleaning the unit. Still continues to trip breaker. Anyone have any ideas? I'm baffled.

classicrockgriller

Have you check out these trouble shooting tips?

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

classicrockgriller

West Coast Kansan

I am just guessing the breaker trips shortly after you start it up and the Digital is one of those that feeds a puck immediately on start up ???

If so, not likely related to the tiny puck pusher motor.  I am thinking a traditional electrical issue.  Brian at Bradley toll free number is a clever guy with a list of what to look at first.

It is in the same place with same electrical connection as the last two years right?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

Hi Kthammer;

Sorry to have to welcome you under these circumstances.

There is a thread on this problem, but I couldn't locate it. Hopefully Brian will be along, or someone who can remember the thread or provide you with some help.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

Hey Kthammer and welcome to the forum.

I pretty sure you will be taken care of once Brian drops by here.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Kthammer

Lets try to narrow this down it could be a couple differant problems.

Unplug the short jumper cord that goes between the generator and tower leave the sensor cable plugged in then plug the generator into the wall outlet and see if it trips the breaker
if it trips the breaker you may have a burnt out bisquette burner.
Open the generator up and unplug the connection to the bisquette burner then plug the unit back and see if it trips the circut.

If it does not trip the breaker plug just the tower only (no generator or sensor cable) into the same outlet if this trips the circut you need a new heat element.

Please give me a call at the office if you need more help 1-800-665-4188.

Brian

watchdog56

Have you tried a different outlet?