• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

loin

Started by smokeshowing, February 03, 2010, 08:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeshowing

Hello,
brand new to smoking.  Just did my first butt, and it turned out great!!  Anyone have any hints/suggestions/tips for a pork loin.  Planning on doing one Sunday.  Thanks

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the forum.

Here's a link to the recipe site that will help give you some ideas on your smoked loin.

Just click on it. http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum smokeshowing!

While loin comes from the same animal as the butt you just enjoyed, it is cooked much differently.

Since it is a lean and tender cut, you don't need the low and slow.

I would put a rub on it, smoke @250F until an IT of 142F. Two or three hours of smoke.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun smokeshowing.

Along with what FLB has stated, keep an eye on that loin they cook pretty quick, 3 to 4 hr.

Tenpoint5

What would you guys do without me??? Wrap that Loin with some BACON!!! or at least drape some over the top. Then follow FLB's sound advice.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 03, 2010, 06:18:10 PM
What would you guys do without me??? Wrap that Loin with some BACON!!! or at least drape some over the top. Then follow FLB's sound advice.

Oh Ya, a bacon weave would be nice.

Caneyscud

Welcome to the Forum Smokeshowing.  Smoked loin is good eats and the rest of the guys have ya covered in good ideas.  Also, don't forget about brining and injecting.  Can add a lot of flavor and help keep it from drying out - very lean.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

smokeshowing

Really appreciate all the advise- but BACON is brilliant!!  Should have mentioned that I plan to use applewood.  Any suggestions on what to inject?

Tenpoint5

I did Mine like this. Rub the loin with your favorite rub of choice, Layer on Bacon, dust everything with rub again before smoking. Smoke at 225* until 150* IT Pull and rest. IT will rise to 152* while resting.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeshowing

Nice pics tenpoint.....anyone know if drool will screw up a keyboard?

Quarlow

I know I will be trying to figure out how to bacon weave my next Stuffed Pork Loin.

It should be interesting figuring out how to tie it and bacon wrap it at the same time.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Bacon wrapped stuffed pork loin is great.

Deer loin too.