• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Excellent ribs

Started by watchdog56, October 31, 2009, 03:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

First I want to thank Pachanga,10.5 and Smokehouse Rob for their recipe's. I did tweek them a little but they gave me a great starting point.
I took Pachanga's expertise and used  an altered Smokehouse Rob's mustard sauce first then rubbed them with an altered 10.5 rub. Sorry for no pics,I just don't take the time to do them but these were picture and taste,and tender perfect for me. I have the 4 rack DBS and used an Auber programmable PID which helps in keeping temp right where you want it.Here is my recipe.

October 31 2009 Smoked ribs. First put mustard rub on ribs then put dry rub on ribs and wrapped
in cling wrap and into frig over night.Outside temp 45.
Mustard sauce;
1 12 oz can flat beer
4 cups yellow mustard
1 tbsp tabasco
1/2cup brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper

Rib rub;
1/2 cup paprika
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated garlic
6 tbsp granulated onion  (Chopped dry minced onions)
1/4 cup chili powder (2 small bottles)
1 tbsp black pepper
Took out and let get to room temp. Preheated smoker to 280 then turned down to 225  and
smoked for 3 hours,(2 mes.2 app,1 m,1,a,1m,2a) Take out of smoker and wrap in foil with
apple juice. Put back in smoker for 1 hour. Take out of foil and put barbeque sauce on
them and back into smoker for 1 hour. The ribs will stiffen back up and the sauce will set.
The meat will pull back from the bone when done. Take a toothpick and check between ribs to
see if done. Ribs were super. Don't change a thing.

Again Thanks these were better than expected.