• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

its getting cold outside

Started by dbrown1, November 02, 2009, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown1

Had a quick question, it is getting cold outside and was wondering should I be bringing my smoke generator indoors or will it be fine outside. I could see it being cold then getting plugged in for some smoking and the heat could cause some condensation wreaking havoc on the electronic components... just curious your input is appreciated.

seemore

mine hs been outside for 4 years with bradley cover no problem ???
seemore

classicrockgriller

I bring my in everynite, sleeps next to me. ;D ;D

Habanero Smoker

I have the OBS, and I keep mine outside 24/7 all year around, and never had a problem with condensation inside the generator. During the winter the air is very dry in my area. On cold days I leave the generator off, and let the cabinet warm up a bit so that some heat transfer to the generator, then I turn the generator on. I'm not sure if that step is necessary, but I do it as a precaution to get the moving parts a little warm first.

Many who have the digital generators, bring them inside to an area that is heated.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I have a digital and its been outside since I got it. On a covered deck in PA.

dbrown1

Okay good enough... Glad to hear that I will leave it where it belongs outside and ready to smoke! Thanks for the input

Tiny Tim

Just leave it on all the time, that way it's always pre-heated and ready to go.*

*this message brought to you by your local power company or cooperative.