Black Friday Cheese

Started by pensrock, November 27, 2009, 07:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

I had no problems getting the smoke to flow up throught the top vent. The whole unit is sealed so there is no place for it to go but up and out.

KevinG

So I guess the question now is what are you smoking for Cyber Monday?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

pensrock

Nothing planned. Looked at some pork but all that was on sale was picnics and I wanted shoulder to make pulled pork with. I did pick up some more pistachios to smoke next time I'm doing cheese. Maybe next weekend.

classicrockgriller

psuman316

Pens,
I see your from central pa what parts I am in western pa in Butler County. Also I couldn't imagine applying 4 hours of smoke using my smoke generator (thing really produces smoke) and not being really smokey tasting.  Is this your normal time and what flavor wood did you use? Thanks

Quarlow

I am going to do 4 hours next time on cheese also. The last time(first time) I didn't get much smoke flavour at all.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

Thanks everyone.

PSUman, I live near DuBois. I normally use apple for cheese, but sometimes hickory, oak or maple. 90% of the time its apple. Yes, I normally smoke cheese for four hours, but I'm using a different smoke generator than the Bradley so maybe someone who uses the Bradley generator for cold smoking can give you a better idea. I still would go 3-4 hours using the Bradley if I were going to use it for cheese.