Cabela's Mahogany casing

Started by lumpy, December 09, 2009, 07:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

I've been stuffing 21 and 32 mm collagen with Ryteks Italian sausage for a quite some time now and thought I'd try something different.
While driving through the US this summer I picked up a whole whack of 1.5"x12" mahogany casing at Cabela's. I tried to have them shipped to Canada but apparently Agriculture Canada knows what is not good for me. Hence plan "B", drive them across.

After I stuffed the casings, I wrapped them in paper towels and put them in the fridge overnight. The next day I put them in the oven at 150 for 45 minutes before smoking them.

A few hours after I pulled them out of the smoker, they still felt "soft" to me so they are hanging in the garage for a few days. My wife is worried that her sports car will smell like sausage. I will have to keep my eye on her when she is out in her hotrod that smells like sausage. Everyguy in the neibourhood will be all over her ;D

Lumpy

NePaSmoKer

Very nice there Lumpy

I like the stand too  ;D

nepas

watchdog56

Mr Walleye

Atta Boy Lumpy!  ;)

Looks awesome!

My daughter used to park in my garage and wine about the smell. I always told her there was a simple solution!  :D  ;D

Although I wouldn't recomend that solution for you wife!  ::)  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 09, 2009, 08:53:17 AM
Atta Boy Lumpy!  ;)

Looks awesome!

My daughter used to park in my garage and wine about the smell. I always told her there was a simple solution!  :D  ;D

Mike
I must be lucky my wife likes the smell of hickory in the garage!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

Concider yourself very lucky!

Lumpy

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 09, 2009, 10:15:03 AM
Atta Boy Lumpy!  ;)

Looks awesome!

Mike

She is also a vegetarian.  ::)  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

Looks great Lumpy. Not only may the guys be tracking down your wife cause of the smell, every dog in the neighborhood should be at your garage door.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 09, 2009, 04:59:41 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 09, 2009, 10:15:03 AM
Atta Boy Lumpy!  ;)

Looks awesome!

Mike

Not quite. She even surprised me tonight as I was getting ready to go to work. She asked when I was going to make some breakfast sausage again. She is out and she wants some bulk backed and some in little sausages to brown and serve. I'm keeping her!!

By the way didn't go to work driving down the highway at 30mph gust of wind hit the truck and I did 2 360's in the center of the road. Went to the next turn made 2 left hand turns and came home. I was only 3 miles into a 26 mile drive. Just wasn't worth it to me.

She is also a vegetarian.  ::)  ;D

Mike
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!