• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My Heart is Going Pitter Patter

Started by oakville smoker, December 07, 2009, 04:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

If I had known that I would have avoided this forum! Did you say bright orange?? He wasn't wearing a balloon hat was he?? That time period is kind of hazy for me.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

BUT I DID WIN THE POUND OF NEPAS JERKY NOW DIDN'T I!!!! It was all Nepas' fault
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 08, 2009, 05:48:41 PM
BUT I DID WIN THE POUND OF NEPAS JERKY NOW DIDN'T I!!!! It was all Nepas' fault

And I bet is was the best jerky you ever had!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

oakville smoker

The day has finally come, oh joy oh bliss, I am truly excited

I have arrive in the office this morning after battling the elements of snow, ice, freezing rain, slush, wind....  to find one of those
recyclable shopping bags imported from the great province of Alberta and town of Edmonton full of sausage and smoking supplies. 
I wonder what would happen if I stretched out some collagen casings oin my office just to have a look....  LOL

I should have brought my grinder and pork butt in today so I could have tried them out.  God knows my office is almost cold enough to hang meat.

Its going to be tough to concentrate today.  sausage supplies, snow, the ski hills are open here now and a young ( OK middle aged, well maybe a little more than middle aged depending on how you count) , boys heart is aflame with never ending possibilities. 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

lumpy

If the weather continues downhill you better leave now otherwise you might get stuck at work with nothing to do but dream of making sausage ;)

Lumpy

Tenpoint5

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

Blasphemy...  the ski hill will wait
I do love my smoker and looking forward to making some sausage, but the ski hill is calling me
I will be dreaming of perfect turns tonight

I get to ski about 3 weekends a year and not teaching skiing.  I am taking advantage of every free skiing opportunity I can 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: oakville smoker on December 09, 2009, 04:25:51 PM
Blasphemy...  the ski hill will wait
I do love my smoker and looking forward to making some sausage, but the ski hill is calling me
I will be dreaming of perfect turns tonight

I get to ski about 3 weekends a year and not teaching skiing.  I am taking advantage of every free skiing opportunity I can 
Well then you better put a muzzle on all that sausage stuff!!! I can hear it calling your name here in Iowa over the top of the howling winds!!

oakville smoker

Ten 5, somehow I have to figure out how to do both

Now that I am stocked up, I have  to just do this
Maybe I can multi task from a chair lift

Admittitly I am a little fearful of what disasters I can create making sausage
I still have to figure out what meat goes where and I have to find some reasonably priced beef
The shing grocery fliers come out  tonight, oh I cannot wait.
Here's hoping for a chuck roast sale

dbondy

Hi oakvillesmoker, try not to break anything sking. It may put a damper on things,thats why I snowmobile now(less broken bones). Glad to here your stuff is in, can,t wait to see some pics.  :D

oakville smoker

Only ever hurt myself snow boarding so I dont do that anymore
The steeper and deeper the better for me
I love the extreme skiing, the adrenaline, the battling of elements, the rush
I love just cruising the steeps given the opportunity and the most fun for me, is taking intermediate skier to good black terrain and
getting them down in one piece.  When they get to the bottom and stand there and look back up the hill, cannot believe they did it.
thats even better than skiing the steepest steeps.