• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

beef short ribs

Started by jerry52, December 07, 2009, 09:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry52

I need a good recipe for beef short ribs.
I would like to do it all in the bradley we are in sw fl
do you marinate the short ribs? We do pork great but Just starting on beef.

Pachanga

Jerry,

I do short ribs just like a rack of pork ribs or a brisket.  Rub it with your favorite rub, slather if you want to.  Stick it in a Bradley with a large water pan full of hot water laced with beer, apple juice, onions as personal preference dictates.  Preheat to 215 - 225.  I would use the second or third rack and maybe block some direct heat with a foil pan on the first rack.  I do not marinate.

Let the smoke roll.  I like apple, some hickory and oak and little mesquite.  Smoke to fork tender or internal temperature between 185 - 195.  I do mine all in the Bradley from start to finish without foiling.  Others may prefer to foil in the middle of the smoke and finish without foil.  After finishing, remove and foil wrap to rest in a towel and cooler if you want but it is but not necessary.  FTC depends on your timing.

I like to mop if not using a slather, but opening the door of the Bradley will increase cook time due to heat recovery.  If you add more water, be sure it is boiling hot.

If you need more definitive information like specific rubs, mops, slathers, water pan etc., let the board know.  There will be many opinions and good information.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga