• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking ????????????

Started by marauder11, December 14, 2009, 04:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder11

Ok i have been reading some stuff on the net. I read a couple articles that say " A 19 mm casing takes approximately 7 hours, a 32-35 mm casing takes approximately 8 hours, a 3 1/2" synthetic casing may take up to 12 hours, and a ham can take a couple of days." to smoke . Now is this seven hours of smoke or is the total time with smoke then just cooking  to reach Internal Temp. For example 19 mm snack sticks how long  do you smoke them for.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not the expert on this subject here but I have been following closely sausage and jerky threads posted here. Most of those I have read talk about 2 - 4 hours of smoke and the rest is cook time until desired IT is reaches.

I am sure of the experts will be here soon with more elaborated answers.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: marauder11 on December 14, 2009, 04:44:13 PM
Ok i have been reading some stuff on the net. I read a couple articles that say " A 19 mm casing takes approximately 7 hours, a 32-35 mm casing takes approximately 8 hours, a 3 1/2" synthetic casing may take up to 12 hours, and a ham can take a couple of days." to smoke . Now is this seven hours of smoke or is the total time with smoke then just cooking  to reach Internal Temp. For example 19 mm snack sticks how long  do you smoke them for.

If your going to do sticks 19mm put from 1 to 2 hrs of smoke and the rest is just heat. For larger casings i have done 3 to 4 hrs of smoke. hams i have done 5 hrs of smoke.

All the time to do the sausages depends on how much you have in your smoker, size of the sausages, outside temps