• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Drip pan alternatives???

Started by madtown, December 15, 2009, 05:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madtown

Does anyone use anything  besides water in the drip pan/bowl?  I was wondering if any alternatives were used such as apple vinegar or even putting some seasoning in the bowl such as garlic?  I am not sure if it would do anything.  Just curious.

classicrockgriller

There has been alot of different post as to what people put in the drip pan water and it is only inhibited by your imagination.

Apple juice, spices, red wine, beer, garlic, onions, rosemary, etc.

If you come up with something exciting, besure and post it.

madtown

Thanks.  I'll have to start experimenting.  Any suggestions?

classicrockgriller

What are you going to smoke.

I use apple juice and water when I do a Boston Butt.

I have used beer and red wine smoking beef. (not together)

Also on large and long smokes ( Butts and briskets ) I replace my bradley pan and use a disposable
9x13 cake pan for more water volume.

OU812

I also use a foil roasting pan under the stuff I'm smoking and use beer allot of the times and red wine with pork.

madtown

My next smoke will probably be some more ribs or a pork butt.  I would like to do a pork butt this weekend but it is getting to be the Christmas party time and I might not be around enough.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'll probably start with some apple juice and water.  Seems simple enough.

OU812

Sounds good.

I put the pan in after the smoke when I dump the drip pan, refill the drip pan with HOT water and the roasting pad with warm beer, or warm apple juice if you choose.

lumpy

I too use the foil pan.
Its great for clean-up

Lumpy