• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Its on its way!!!!!

Started by Leeroy, March 20, 2005, 06:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leeroy

I finally did it, after months of saving and planning, I just ordered my Bradley!   I am a long time BBQer and a dabber in smoking with the old brinkman WSer.  Never had much success with Brinkman, I cant wait to start playing with the BS.
I know the instructions will tell me what I need to do to season the unit, but can someone give me a head start and tell me what I need to do before I start cooking???

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

buy lots of meat, and then sign up for the MSA classes you will need it!!!![:D]  (joke) Meat Smokers Anonymous, make sure to put the drip pan in right it will be V shaped. it goes in like a V not like A . have fun and welcome to thr fourm!!! take some time and go back threw the many old post that we have, lots of hidden goodies.

ps dont worry about getting your temps right on the nose when you season your BS you wont hurt it. BS is short for bradley smoker also do a search on FTC  that will help you alot on your finish product.

jaeger

Leeroy,
Welcom to the forum. After spending your hard earned money on a BS, the last thing you probably want to hear is someone telling you to go out and spend some more. Eventually there are three things that you should strongly consider.
1. Bubba Pucks. They are available from Chez Bubba. When your pucks advance on the heat generator, you need 2 aluminum (and one regular bisquitte behind these) to push off all burning pucks off the heat burner.
2. A remote thermometer. The most popular is probably the maverick. It has 2 probes. One will measure the temp of the cabinet and the other will measure the internal temp of what's cooking.
3. A copy of Smoke and Spice from the Jamisons. This book is highly recommended by most of the members on this forum. Awesome recipes and valuable techniques for smoking foods.

The most important is a remote thermometer. If you haven't used one in the past, do yourself a favor and pick one up.[;)]
Here is a link to Chez website and one selling the Maverick ET 73.
http://www.chezbubba.com/
http://store.yahoo.com/dotcoms/maresmth.html

Let us know what's going on!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

simmy

Leeroy,

You made the best choice buying the Bradley. If you want something easy to try on your first smoke try this:

http://susan.rminor.com/smokers/chicken/smokedchicken/baconchickenbreast2.htm

Steve

JJC

Hi Leeroy,

Conrats on getting your new BS! Check out the Sticky at the beginning of each Forum for all the answers you'll need to your questions.  Anything that you can't find or that isn't clear--just ask away!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

St. Helens Smoker

Welcome aboard Leeroy, congrats on the BS.  Hope you enjoy the forum as well, there is a ton of great information and some fantastic folks here who have been a ton of help to me at least in learning to master the Bradley.  Most importantly have fun!!

beefmaster

You will love your new smoker!!

Oldman

Leeroy,

We are all proud for you~~ [:D]  Glad you joined us!

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Leeroy,
Welcome aboard.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beefmaster</i>
<br />You will love your new smoker!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi BeefMaster--

Welcome to the Forum!  Don't be a stranger . . . with a moniker like that you probably have a lot of experience to share with us!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

AKBob

Hello Leeroy

You will find the Bradley to be a great smoker.
I do alot of sausage, fish, jerky, chicken and pork.
This unit does it all with good results.
Have fun.

AKBob

Crazy Canuck

Welcome to the forum Leeroy.

You'll find the forum members very helpful. One thing I purchased is a notebook to record all attempts at smokin'. (Some successes and a few failures). Keeping track of smoke times and recipes will allow the more senior members to help out if you run into trouble. Also sharing recipes makes us all richer.

Addicted to Smokin'[:p][:p][:p]
Dan R
Fort St. John BC

oguard

Welcome Leeroy[:)]tons of info and expertise here you are in for a lot of fun[;)]

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

msiler

The notebook is essential... But there are no failures just varying levels of success.

When in doubt smoke it.