Christmas turduchen roast

Started by KyNola, December 25, 2009, 03:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Just a couple of quick photos

Look familiar CRG?

Finished product

Did two of these roasts.  They are not full turduchens.  5 of us ate one.  We didn't even touch the second one.

MAK did a really good job of holding 325 degrees in below freezing air temp, snow flurries and sustained 25 mph winds gusting to 40 mph!  We did burn some pellets though to hold that temp. :o

KyNola

squirtthecat

Looks good!

Gotta love them turkey breast roasts..   Never seen one stuffed like that!

Tenpoint5

Looks good. Bet it did burn through some pellets. I know I don't want to be out there right now smoking anything in the weather we are getting hammered with right now
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Larry that looks great.

Since no one touched the second, I will be happy to send you my address and pay for shipping  ;)

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

Did it taste as good as it looked? I like the idea of the sausage in the middle.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KyNola

Pens,
I thought it tasted really good.  More importantly, my 82 year old MIL who is a pretty picky eater really liked it.  I was concerned that she wouldn't even try it, much less admit she actually liked it.  She REALLY liked it.

I was most impressed with how moist they were.  You can see all the juices in the second pic.

Thanks Ronbeaux.  I know you know what a turduchen is supposed to taste like. ;)

KyNola 

rdevous

That looks delicious!!!!  Where are they sold?  Any national stores?

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

KyNola

Ray,
I picked mine up at a local Kroger grocery here in Kentucky.  How turduchens made their way to Kentucky is beyond me.

KyNola

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

rdevous

Quote from: KyNola on December 27, 2009, 08:08:53 AM
Ray,
I picked mine up at a local Kroger grocery here in Kentucky.  How turduchens made their way to Kentucky is beyond me.

KyNola

KyNola.....Think how much harder it is for them to get to Maryland without wings and feet....and frozen in a box don't bounce well!!!

Ray
If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

classicrockgriller

Looks good.

Haven't been able to find that one in my market area.

They have the stuffed chickens and the big turducken,
but not this one.