• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smokin' the Easter Bunny?

Started by JJC, March 24, 2005, 02:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmy

Jeff,

Is that the Tumbler that Bill uses? How much do they cost?

Steve

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simmy</i>
<br />Jeff,

Is that the Tumbler that Bill uses? How much do they cost?

Steve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It sure is.  Lots of fun as well.  Best leave the pricing to Bill.  I think he has one or two left.  Happy Smokin'.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

I bought one of the Reveo tumblers from Bill, and they're terrific . . .  well worth the cost (which as Jeff says, is best left to Bill, but you should e-mail him privately on this as he is not allowed to quote the price on-line).  It marinates and tenderizes at the same time.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />manxman wrote -

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">On a different subject quite a few rub recipes mention mustard, is there a specific mustard people use? What's the commonest?

Any yellow mustard will work. Cover the entire piece of meat including the sides. The mustard helps to hold on <u>more</u> rub. You really can't taste the mustard.

Hi Manxman and Jaeger--

Just want to make sure Maxman knows what American yellow mustard is, since the only yellow English mustard I am familiar with is Colman's, and that is a lot more potent than any of the American yellow mustards!

P.S. to jaeger:  your Forum moniker means hunter in German . . . coincidence, or not?

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">P.S. to jaeger: your Forum moniker means hunter in German . . . coincidence, or not?

Not!

One of my favorite activities is to get out in the fall and enjoy time in the beautiful South Dakota outdoors. I like to spend time with family and friends deer hunting and  pheasant hunting. I had to have my chocolate lab put to sleep last spring. Trieva was 14 years old and still very dearly missed. By the end of the week, I adopted a black lab from the city humane society. He was a stray but after spending a little time with him I decided he really did need a good home. You should have seen him march so proudly into the yard, head up, looking around the day I brought him home. Some days nobody is free to hunt, but he is always ready!!!  

I used to make and sell a German Landjaeger sausage. It was more of a German dinner sausage as opposed to the authentic dried and pressed landjaeger. I have made and sold literally tons of this recipe that I developed.
The authentic landjaeger was used much like the pemmican and dried meats of our natives and forefathers in this country. When I looked up this word many years ago it referred to in German-"land hunter" ie: game/land warden, or some reference on this order.

This combination is I guess kind of how I arrived at this moniker.

I will post this German Landjaeger recipe when I adjust for amounts and give it the first test run in the Bradley.

Everyone have a Smokin Easter! We have been invited out and will be making a couple of salads and probably take along some smoked cheese. Our supply is running low anyway.[;)][:D][:p]

JJC

Hi doug,

I didn't think it was a coincidence . . . [:)]

I believe that in German the word "Jaeger" means hunter, and the word for game warden is "jaegermeister", which literally means "master hunter".  Given your expertise with hunting and making sausage, I would consider you a Jaegermeister!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

Thanks John!

I like to think of myself as such, though my brother and brother in law may beg to differ.[:D][:I][:D]

manxman

Hi JJC,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just want to make sure Maxman knows what American yellow mustard is, since the only yellow English mustard I am familiar with is Colman's, and that is a lot more potent than any of the American yellow mustards!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks John, Colman's is THE English mustard but the other English mustard's are similar in flavour and more or less the same, it is a strong mustard as you say.

I will either use smaller quantities or try and find American yellow mustard powder, someone should stock it.[:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

16 lbs of pork butt, 8 lbs bacon wrapped chicken breast, and last minute decided to do a ham, not enough time to smoke so i took a half shank ham ( el cheap o ) put in to a bucket off root beer over night will throw on the bbq on low with a few hickory pucks wrapped in foil to give some smoke to it  will let you know how it turns out , happy easter too all!!

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I gave up possum and one-legged Peruvian hookers!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I hear they are thick on the ground in Chicago. Hope you had a good weekend![:D]
Tom

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />16 lbs of pork butt, 8 lbs bacon wrapped chicken breast, and last minute decided to do a ham, not enough time to smoke so i took a half shank ham ( el cheap o ) put in to a bucket off root beer over night will throw on the bbq on low with a few hickory pucks wrapped in foil to give some smoke to it  will let you know how it turns out , happy easter too all!!
Sooooooo . . . how did it turn out?

The big hits for our Easter dinner were the ABTs (made with real buffalo meat!) and the S+S smoked shrimp [:p][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When you smoke possum, there is one line you will never get, that is "It tastes like chicken" but on the other and I have heard "it tastes like pork" but with more grissle.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No no no no. Possum taste like BAD RAT~~! <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">great possum recipe.
dress possum, nail to soaked cedar board, cover with cow chips.
smoke at 220 degrees for 8 hours with favorite wood.
remove from smoker..take possum off of board.....toss in trash and eat board.
best served with apple wine.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Agree eat the board instead~~!

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Olds,

Exactly how do you prepare <b>GOOD</b> RAT?[;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Olds,

Exactly how do you prepare <b>GOOD</b> RAT?

with a 12 gauge SHOTGUN [;)]