• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hacked and Spamming

Started by Oldman, January 05, 2010, 03:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Some Dude has figured out a way to E-mail everyone on the recipe site that they have a PM. It is a spam.

I have ban the dude, blocked his IP to include all of the possible last set of numbers of his octet (not that this will do a lot of good if he is using proxy servers) and I have ban the server that host his E-mail addy.  I have also change the settings on the recipe site so that no one can E-mail another member. This should grind his bearings to a halt.

I have contacted Trey (Cyber-Dude) to see what else we can do to block this dick-head.

There will always be hacks. The best we can do when they get in is to throw them out with the trash.

Bear with us as we work through this noise.

ALSO IF YOU RECIEVE ANOTHER E-MAIL FROM HIM AFTER THIS POSTING DATE I NEED TO KNOW ASAP.
Thanks!

Olds

EDIT: He must know who I am as I have not received an E-mail from him... ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Quarlow

Keep up the good work Olds. I really hate those asswipes.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

lumpy

Thanks for keeping the dickheads out Olds!

Lumpy

Oldman

I just turned off the PM option as well.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!