• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

squeeky cheese

Started by pensrock, January 09, 2010, 09:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

I opened the mail box the other day and theres a box in there. I'm thinking what could this be? I have not ordered anything. I open it up and find four packages of Wis cheese curds! Schneep sent some out as part of his Xmas gift and when it was posted I asked what cheese curds were. There was a little discussion and he said the curds squeek when you bite into them. He offered to send me some, but I thought I would be able to find some locally. To be honest, I forgot all about it every time I went shopping. Thank you Schneep for the kind gift.

Tenpoint5

Good Job Schneep. Pens your gonna like them. Bag of them and a barley pop make for some good snacking infront of the 0tube.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

schneep

I hope you enjoy them, for all of us they are addictive.  They are a great snack anytime.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

RossP

Man those look good :D. The only ones we get up here in Canada are plain white or orange cheddar ones. I have never seen flavoured curds. I see I am going to have to do a raod trip in the near future. You are one lucky man Pens.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Tenpoint5

After looking at the picture again. I only see three bags what happened to the fourth bag Pens, Hmmm???
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

QuoteAfter looking at the picture again. I only see three bags what happened to the fourth bag Pens, Hmmm???
??? ??? ::) ;D

g

I got the Xmas gift from schneep. The curds were gone within five minutes of opening. They were great. We really enjoyed the rest of the cheese as well. The gift was timely as we usually buy an assortment of cheese for Christmas. Thanks again Perry & to 10.5 for organizing the exchange.

seemore

Way to go, Schneep!
Pens, you will enjoy those curds!!
seemore

Sweet35th

Quote from: schneep on January 09, 2010, 01:24:41 PM
I hope you enjoy them, for all of us they are addictive.  They are a great snack anytime.

Schneep,   where in Scony are you?  Im in MN myself, but venture out to Elk Mound dozens of times through out the summer to go drag racing.

So nice of you to send him some curds...If only he could taste them fresh from the farm when the squeaks are so loud your neighbors can hear them!
A wise friend once told me.   "If you sit on the couch all day long drinking beer, your an alcoholic...  If you sit in front of the smoker all day long drinking beer,  your a hero!"

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Sweet35th on January 09, 2010, 06:27:59 PM

Schneep,   where in Scony are you?  Im in MN myself, but venture out to Elk Mound dozens of times through out the summer to go drag racing.

So nice of you to send him some curds...If only he could taste them fresh from the farm when the squeaks are so loud your neighbors can hear them!

Getting them fresh like that does kind of spoil you, doesn't it?
HawkeyeSmokes

schneep

I live in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, very near Madison, Wisconsin the state capital.
When you get the curds right at the cheese factory as they are being finished, OMG, and they do squeak!!
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

Sweet35th

Quote from: HawkeyeSmokes on January 09, 2010, 06:35:29 PM
Quote from: Sweet35th on January 09, 2010, 06:27:59 PM

Getting them fresh like that does kind of spoil you, doesn't it?

It sure does,   and now my mouth is watering.
A wise friend once told me.   "If you sit on the couch all day long drinking beer, your an alcoholic...  If you sit in front of the smoker all day long drinking beer,  your a hero!"

Paddlinpaul

In the Province of Quebec curds are part of a provincial delicacy. Take a big plate of french fries, generously sprinkle with curds (usually the plain white or orange ones) and top with gravy (beef is traditional).
Voila, you have Poutine! It is awesome.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!