what's your local price on almonds?

Started by tsquared, November 26, 2009, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I just bought about 12 lbs worth of almonds to smoke for christmas--raw with skin on --sale price of $4.50/lb. You guys from California can make me cry now.
T2

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

t2, I will look tomorrow, but I think that is close to our price in Texas.

tsquared

You're making me feel better CRG. Quarlow--$5 is usually our price in Victoria but they go on sale about this time of year for xmas baking or in my case, xmas smoking. :) I bought about 6 lbs of cheddar cheese to do as well.
T2

Quarlow

I was in the Fruiticana one day and they had bulk baker almonds, but I was in a hurry so I didn't really look close at the price I will have to go back and check. I'll let you know.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

t2, bought a bag today of raw shelled and they were 3lbs for $11.84. I got mine at Sam's.

hal4uk

Around here, almonds usually accompany a sign like:
"Count how much money you got, and ask for Guido.  And take your hat off."
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Klondikesmoker

I just paid $7.50 a lb here.  Looks like I will have to pick up 20lbs next time I go south.

Klondikesmoker

classicrockgriller

I will get what you want and send it, if it works out for ya'll.

If I can help, I will.

Klondikesmoker

CRG

thanks for the offer but I think the freight would bring the price right back up there.  I am going to southern BC in January and March and will pick some up then.  Along with alot of other supplies. 

Klondkesmoker

classicrockgriller

Just remember, US mail is owned by the govt'm.

They like to do things in Volume and lose money.

I can send my mother a letter and she lives withend 22 miles for .5 (five cents) less than I can send a letter to Canada.

classicrockgriller

I am going to post office in morn. (yes they are open) and they have one way boxes and I will find out how may almonds will fit.

classicrockgriller

Post office has a box that they will ship for $13 up to 70lbs.

I looked at it and you can get probably 6 to 7 bags in it.

If it were 6,  6x3=18x$4=72+13=85/18=$4.72 a lb.

That is parcel to Alaska.

drewpatton

Anchorage Alaska Costco has 3 pound bags for $9.99

Quarlow

Thats not bad, we are paying that for 2lbs here in Vancouver.

OBS
BBQ