Dakotah Water Stuffer?

Started by drewpatton, February 10, 2010, 09:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewpatton

Ok, so bumping around the internet and I came across this Dakotah Water Stufffer. It looks interesting. Does anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

Drew

classicrockgriller

drew, nepas has either had one or has one I think.

They have been discussed on the forum.

I think the older models had some problems.

Also, maybe Habs has one also.

drewpatton

I did try searching the forum before posting a new topic...

Drew

NePaSmoKer

I used to have one, worked great for awhile then just could not get the leaks stopped even after new O rings. I do think they have those issues solved. Great folks Eldon & Karen Cutlip who own the company.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: drewpatton on February 10, 2010, 09:08:03 AM
I did try searching the forum before posting a new topic...

Drew

Drew, Old topics become new things to talk about after a few days.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that, sorry.

Habanero Smoker

I purchased mine in 2006. I don't use it often, but when I do it works great. I never had a problem with leakage, either from the O-rings on the piston or at the water intake/outlet. The piston uses two O-rings and they suggest until it is broken in just use one O-ring to start off with. The reason I don't use it as much as my 5 lb. vertical stuffer is that it is rare that I make 10 pounds of the same sausage at one time. If I make 10,15 or 20 pounds in a day it is generally 5 pounds each of different sausages. For me, the vertical is easier for handling 5 pound batches.

A couple of things to keep in mind. You need access to a standard garden hose hook up, such as the type you use for hooking up your washer. If you have a standard kitchen sink faucet, you can find adapters that will screw on to your faucet to accept the hose. I find adjusting the outlet valve you have better control over how fast it extrudes sausage. Don't try to extrude sausage that has been refrigerated, it is best to extrude the sausage right after grinding. When the meat is cold and has time to set, it is very difficult to get it to extrude properly. It's very easy to clean.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 10, 2010, 02:17:39 PM
I purchased mine in 2006. I don't use it often, but when I do it works great. I never had a problem with leakage, either from the O-rings on the piston or at the water intake/outlet. The piston uses two O-rings and they suggest until it is broken in just use one O-ring to start off with. The reason I don't use it as much as my 5 lb. vertical stuffer is that it is rare that I make 10 pounds of the same sausage at one time. If I make 10,15 or 20 pounds in a day it is generally 5 pounds each of different sausages. For me, the vertical is easier for handling 5 pound batches.

A couple of things to keep in mind. You need access to a standard garden hose hook up, such as the type you use for hooking up your washer. If you have a standard kitchen sink faucet, you can find adapters that will screw on to your faucet to accept the hose. I find adjusting the outlet valve you have better control over how fast it extrudes sausage. Don't try to extrude sausage that has been refrigerated, it is best to extrude the sausage right after grinding. When the meat is cold and has time to set, it is very difficult to get it to extrude properly. It's very easy to clean.

Habs

You wanna trade anything for your water stuffer  ;D