• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Foodsaver V2840.... RIP

Started by oakville smoker, February 08, 2010, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

It died on me
No warning,no nothing, I am a little disappointed
The heat element wont seal bags at all now
Its not a year old and was bought at Costco so I am hoping they will take it back
Of course they dont have this one anymore so I will have to upgrade
They carry the upright one now, another 100 bucks
Pain in the ....... ya know
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

KevinG

That sucks (no pun intended). That's why I always keep a roll of freezer paper on hand.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

I am hoping Costco  takes this back with a smiling face as usual
No box anymore, long gone
Reciept is in their computer system thank god

But I did hope this would last longer than it did 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

FLBentRider

I wonder if we are exceeding the duty cycle on these or are they just not made to hold up?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

oakville smoker

FLB

You raise a very good point
I went through at least 6 full cases of bags since the summer
Maybe its just too much ?

oguard

Ours has lasted us 2 1/2 years now and still going strong. My brother in law burnt his out because he didn't wait long enough between sealing the bags. I am pretty sure they will take it back.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Kummok

I run a LOT of meat through mine and have gone through only two in the last 8 years....first one with a flat worn out vac pump, second still going strong. No complaints here at all. I agree with Oguard that the short rest between sealings is important...

KevinG

I don't have that model, but mine has lasted 4 years now, but then again I don't get as much use out of it as many of you do. I only get one deer a year (if I'm lucky), and that's pretty much the only time I use it.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

hal4uk

This thing doesn't have the fancy electronics, and it costs a little more, but everything I read about it sounds good (they say you can do a LOT in row w/o overheating)...

Does anyone here have one of these?
http://www.vacupack.com/
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

oakville smoker

I have not seen that one but they are quite a bit more than the Foodsaver
I am thinking I got a bad one
I use it a lot but not a ton, but I really have to winder what  they are intended to do
I have to get this think back to Costco and I am Super Bowled over tonight
Tomorrow it will have to be

ExpatCanadian

I have this exact model too....  bought it at Canadian Tire last July.... and am now running it via a voltage converter here in the UK!  Jeez....  sure hope it last longer than yours.  Still going strong...  but I do double seal everything....  and do TRY to wait the prescribed 20 seconds between seals, but you know how it goes  ;) you just press the button again as soon as the light goes off!  Might have to really make more of an effort now!!

oakville smoker

I took my V2840 back to Costco today
As usual they exceeded my expectations
No bill, no problem, we will find it for you sir
No box, no problme sir, we can take it back like that
I am sorry your product is not working
BUT
We can only give you an in store gift card for your refund

COOL
Straight to the Foodsavers I go and buy the mother of all sealers
V3840

It does not bake bread or wash windows but does everything else !

A lot of companies could learn some customer service from Costco

deb415611

That's cool OS.  I bought a small tv for the kitchen in June and it doesn't want to work this week.  I'm pretty sure I bought it from Costco...  I hope so because it's certainly the easiest place to bring it back :D