• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

For sale - broken OBS

Started by dgarnier, February 10, 2010, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi D.Garnier

I would like you to try this test to see if we can narrow down your problem.

Start by plugging just the smoker tower (no smoke generator) directly into the wall
Outlet (no extension cord), Then slide the temperature control all the way to the right (High)

Do not move it back a little bit    That was a problem with very old temperature control switches it does not happen on new switches.

Let the smoker run like this for at least 40 minutes with the damper closed (no food, or water in the bowl).

During this 40 minutes you will need to watch the power indicator light on the front of the tower it should not go out (if it's sunny out cup your hand over the light so you can tell if its on)

If your power indicator light goes out record the temperature (use another temperature probe as a check on the door thermometer).

The Original and SS smokers have a high limit cut off.
It is designed to shut the power off to the element if it goes above 320°F at the sensor.
The sensor has a cycle life to it and it could be worn out.

The girl at the office recommended you change the face plate because if you get water in that
Crack you can short out a new switch and changing the High Limit Cut Off / Temp Sensor
Would just eliminate it as a possible problem, the heat elements I have never had one that has
Worn out or should I say lost its heat they usually work or don't work

Try this test and let me know the results I am sure we can get your smoker working properly.

Brian