• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need suggestions for these hot sauces

Started by deb415611, February 07, 2010, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

What should I do with them (other than box them up and send them to you)

The one on the left is a strawberry habanero,  the one on the right is a blackberry, blueberry, cayenne mix

I haven't tried them yet

FLBentRider

Soak some peanuts in them and smoke, then dehydrate.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

Deb,
Maybe try this for the black and blue.
i have not made it yet but it is on the list.
Serves/Makes:   2 cups

Ingredients:
3 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened (20 to 25 minutes).

*Frozen blueberries can be substituted for fresh blueberries; omit 1/2 cup water in recipe.

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

deb415611

FLB - Perfect!

UIS - that looks really good. 

Thanks!

pensrock

They say MED so they will not be that hot. The strawberry would go good with the Raspberry/Chipotle sauce.
Both would probably be good on ice cream if they are as sweet as they sound.  ???

Habanero Smoker

Deb;

Blackberry and/or blueberry sauce is good on pork and chicken. There are a couple of sauces on the recipe site that use blue berries and blackberries. Those hot sauces would kick up the flavor a bit.

The strawberry hot sauce may be nice to kick up a strawberry sauce for dessert such as a topping for ice cream or smores etc, or maybe kick up the flavor of strawberries in balsamic vinegar.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ArnieM

Looks like some good ideas so far Deb.  I think you'll have to give them a taste though.

I might try this (if I could make a decent muffin).  If the black & blue isn't too thick, reduce it.  Then glaze blueberry muffins with it and sprinkle on the usual sugar crystals while it's still tacky.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

deb415611

Thanks everyone.

My initial thought was chicken & pork... 

Arnie - the blueberry muffin idea sounds like a nice change.  It is thin so would need to be reduced.   I got it at a store over towards you.  There is an artisan food store on Main St in Southbury, really close to exit 14 (get off 84, turn right onto main st, maybe 1/2 mile down on the left).  They had an awesome selection of New England cheeses. 

I'm eating some of the black & blue on leftover turkey meatloaf.  I didn't put enough on >:(  There's a tiny bit of heat but not getting the flavor.  Needs more......... 

There is potential for these sauces.... :D