• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Had another new experience today

Started by Tiny Tim, February 12, 2010, 03:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

This one wasn't quite as fun as seeing all the turkeys a few weeks ago.  I passed out while in the Dr.'s office today.  He got done debriding my right leg, so I put it down off the stool and sat up for a second before he could do the other leg.  Well, I got really dizzy so I leaned back a little to rest my head on the wall, and reached back to grab the rail of the bed.  That was the last thing I remember.  Next thing I know, he's asking if I'm alright, and I'm laying down on the bed, feet up on it, rotated 90* from where I had been sitting...and 4 more people in the room than there had been.

Once I woke up, I was fine, but they made me lay there a while before letting me sit up to get the legs wrapped up so I could go home.

Tenpoint5

Atleast you was somewhere that they knew what to do. Take care of yourself Tim.

For the rest of you that Don't know what "Debriding" is. I had to look it up as well.

Debridement is the medical removal of a patient's dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue. Removal may be surgical, mechanical, chemical, autolytic (self-digestion), and by maggot therapy, where certain species of live maggots selectively eat only necrotic tissue.

In oral hygiene and dentistry, debridement refers to the removal of plaque and calculus that have accumulated on the teeth. Debridement in this case may be performed using ultrasonic instruments, which fracture the calculus, thereby facilitating its removal, as well as hand tools, including periodontal scaler and curettes, or through the use of chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide.

Debridement is an important part of the healing process for burns and other serious wounds; it is also used for treating some kinds of snake bites.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

WOW That sounds scary.

You allright?

Do you know what really happened?

I hope it dont happen again.

Tiny Tim

I'm fine.  I think it was mostly due to the air temp in the room, and minimal breakfast before a noon appt.  In a related story, one of the nurses got dizzy when she stood up from measuring the wounds before my dizzy spell (she didn't pass out though).

seemore

FLBentRider

Take care, and make sure you eat something....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Habanero Smoker

Tim;

Take care of yourself. I hope the doctor did more then just come to the conclusion it was the environment that caused you dizziness.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)