• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Luv up some loin

Started by smokeNcanuck, March 13, 2010, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeNcanuck

Picked up this bad boy a few weeks ago.(I actually got two $1.89/Lb) One went to some CB
a while back.  Thought I would cook this one whole.  Injected it with some butter, apple juice, and
a splash of balsamic.  Applied a light sprinkle of pictured rub and threw it in the OBS, 235F with three hrs
of maple/hickory.  I think I take it to around 165-170 then FTC for a couple hrs(depending on when it's done)
After I got that in the OBS getting some luv, I did up 4Lbs of CB.  Will cure for the week and smoke next
weekend.  I'll try and post some pics of the final products.

As a side note my meat probe on my new dual probe Auber has gone squrrley >:( >:((think the wire has broke inside metal casing.
A quick email to Suyi(on a sat no less),got response right away..I'll send you out a new one today!! :D :D
Talk about service,  Those guys are the 0!(right up there with Bradley)
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

smokeNcanuck

Well since it was such a hot topic,ha,ha here is the finished pics.
It took about 13hrs. to finish IT 165F.  Glazed it with some
honey garlic sauce mixed with hot sauce BBQ, and deli mustard. May have snuck a couple of small bites.

KyNola

It looks beautiful! 

13 hours?  Do you know how much that piece weighed?  Seems like a long time but I did notice you took it to 165.

KyNola

smokeNcanuck

KY, I did not real pay too much attention when I opened it but I would say it was
about 7-8 lbs raw weight.  I hard time getting a real good temp yesterday, had PID set for
250F but never got over 205??(it did during pre heat)  I am guessing it was due to the large meat mass.
This really gets me thinking about the second element mod.

KyNola

205 would explain it plus that's a pretty good mass of meat as you said.  Was not being critical at all.  Was just curious.  13 hours or not, that is one pretty loin.

Nice going and way to stay with it!

smokeNcanuck

no worries, Never took it that way at all. ;)
Was going to transfer to oven, but thought what the hell, went out drinking
and gust let her ride.  I was not done till 12:30AM(old time), so going to enjoy tonight.