• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Fajitas and Smoked Pepperoni

Started by seemore, February 14, 2009, 06:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Made fajitas for our Valentine's dinner and having a pizza for tomorrow night's dinner, so here is what we did:

We marinated our flank steak for over 24 hours, and then smoked it along with this pepperoni:

After smoking the meat, we placed it on the grill to finish it off:

While the meat was grilling, we cooked onions and peppers in the remaining marinade:

Here was dinner:

It was very good - a little too spicy for Mrs S, who just got done with a bout of the flu.

The pepperoni will be sliced tomorrow and put on a Chicago-style deep dish crust, which is going to be discussed on another post...

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SnellySmokesEm

The fajitas looked great!  What did you use to marinate the fajitas and then as the cooking sauce?
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

pensrock

I smoke quite a bit of pepperoni, we prefer Hormel brand. I remove the casing and cold smoke for 2-3 hours. I have never tried it hot smoked or grilled. Looking forward to how it comes out. I know the cold smoked pepperoni on pizza is great.  :)

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Caribou

That looks so good!!  :)
Wish it was my dinner  :(
Carolyn

ronbeaux

That stabbed me in the heart! I LOVE fajitas!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

seemore

Snelly, the recipe is quite easy.  If you have small kids, though, watch the amount of spice.
- 2 1/2 lbs untrimmed, untender flank steak
- 1/3 C herb/garlic olive oil
- 1 can beer
- 3 t chili powder
- 2 T lemon pepper seasoning
- juice of 1 - 2 small limes
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t minced cilantro
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced

Combine all ingredients (except the meat, onion, and green pepper).  Place the meat, onion, and green pepper in a non-reactive container.  Pour the marinade over the top and seal. 
We have marinated this overnight, and it is just wonderful!

Like I said, watch the cayenne pepper if you have family members who do not like spice.  I have found that when you saute the vegies, don't use as much of that leftover marinade.  A little of that goes a LONG way.....

Scott found this recipe online....I can't remember the website where he found it though.

I hope you like it as much as we do!

Mrs

seemore

Pens, smoking the pepperoni and then grilling it was good.  We will probably do it again.
Mrs.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks to the Mrs. for posting the recipe.  When I saw the post I knew it had to be a good one and too be honest how can you go wrong with a flank steak.  yummmm.  Cant wait to try it  Thanks again.
BBQ Evangelist

SnellySmokesEm

The flank steak is in the smoker as we speak.... The marinade smells and looks great!  Cant wait to eat!  Thanks again Mrs.  Oh and how long did you smoke it for?
BBQ Evangelist