• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Keeping pulled pork hot for the ncaa games

Started by TLaw, March 12, 2010, 11:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLaw

I will be making pulled pork for the ncaa games next week and was wondering what is the best way to keep it hot most of the day without drying it out. I was thinking of smoking it, shredding it and then maybe put it in the crock pot.  I will also be trying my first batch of ABT's.  Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Hi TLaw;

Welcome to the forum.

For keeping it warm over a period of time during serving, a crock pot works very well. Keep the lid on as much as possible, and occasionally stir it up. I always add a Vaunted Vinegar Sauce to mine, and have extra on the side, with some other sauces.

When I am serving a variety of foods; especially meats, when I set up my pulled pork area I will use dinner rolls, they are smaller and the guest will make smaller sandwiches. This way they don't fill themselves up on one large sandwich, and neglect the other foods.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

I have only done this once but it seemed to work well. I put the meat well wrapped in tinfoil into the slow cooker and kept it on low, it worked great. Then I just unwrapped at the party and dumped it in the stat hot.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

TLaw. Welcome to the forum.

The Vaunted Vinegar is some good stuff although I like a little more pepper in mine.

Sounds like Fun for March Madness.

TLaw

Thanks for the suggestions.  I didn't think about using dinner rolls but that is a great idea.  Thanks again

watchdog56

I made some pulled pork a while back and ended up vacuum sealing a couple bags and put them in the freezer. Also kept the juice from the pork in the frig in a bottle. Took the pork out a couple of weeks later up ice fishing and added the juice and about 1/2 bottle of water in a crock pot and turned it on low for the day. It was still plenty moist and everyone loved it. Had more than enough for 9 guys who had 3 sandwiches each.