• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More polish sausage

Started by dbondy, March 14, 2010, 06:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Had to make some more polish sausage up since my wife gave away the last of what I had left. This is a 15lb batch made with a HM kit, I just added extra fresh garlic and more cracked pepper corns. I realy like the HM polish sausage kit, it has the taste the we realy like here. Next time I'll try the Rytek recipe to see what it is like. I ran out of 38mm casings so I used up what I had left. I did 10lbs in 1.5" casings and the rest in 2.5" casings.

15lbs all ground up

spices and cure all mixed up

ready for the smoker

I'll post the finished pics when I pull them out.

smokeNcanuck

Looks great! Must put on my to do list.
NICE selection of accompanying bevi as well(one of my all time fav's.) ;)
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dbondy

Finaly got around to getting the finished pics up.

OU812

Nice lookin batch of sausage db

Cant say I've ever made polish in 1.5" or 2.5" casings though, I do have some of the 1.5" casings and will shoot the next batch in them.

I normally use hog casings when doin polish.

Have you tried the HM German sausage?

If you like the polish you should like the German.

jonquinn

looks good.  I am going to try this myself soon.  first time I will have tried to make sausage.

my late grandfather told me several times that when he was a boy his father and uncle would make and smoke their own kielbasi (they were originally from Krakow), but instead of grinding the meat they would slice and then cut into small cubes, and run this through the stuffer along with the spices.  He did not recall the spice recipe exactly.  after smoking they hung it in the attic - he said the sausage was all bumpy until his mother would cook it.

this is my first post.  I've had a bradley smoker for about 2 years now, and have mostly done briskets, back ribs, and a few roasts.  I find it pretty hard to find good kielbasi from any store or butcher shop in my area.

slider