• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

puck advance sticking

Started by clint243, March 20, 2010, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clint243

Hey guys this is my first post so let me say hello  and thank you for all of the help you have provided me ....

I have had an OBS for about a year and a half and have enjoyed it so much ...but on my last smoke I ran into a problem.
The puck advance mech. got stuck half way through its cycle for some reason..and when I caught it stuck it had been that way for about 5 min or or so just clicking away (more like gears grinding)..  Anyway I was done with the smoke for that particular day so I didn't think to much about it ...well I should have as I went to smoke 26lbs of pork butt today and it will not advance any pucks at all ...it gets to its midway point and just stops and grinds ......how bad have I messed up ...can i replace the slider motor or gear set or do I have to buy a whole new smoke generator ....I feel lost without my OBS ...it is by far one of the best purchases I have made for great family food and great times....

anyway thank you for all of your advise

Clint

classicrockgriller

It may just need a good cleaning.

You might want to check out our FAQ's
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748

Welcome to the Forum.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Clint

If you hear a grinding/clicking noise you have a stripped  gear inside the motor

You can just replace the motor.

Call our customer service dept on Monday @ 1-800-665-4188

Brian

clint243

yes that is what I hear ....thank you for getting back to me ....I also tried the cleaning as well ..and I figured it was a stripped gear since any little bit of resistance would cause it to act that way ...once again thank you so much and thank you for a great product ...I love it

Clint

classicrockgriller

I hate to hear that clint but at least the fix is easy.

Hope to see you smoking again soon.