Bradley smoker

Started by Gosh, March 19, 2010, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gosh

Good Evening....last week I receive a 4 shelf digital smoker for my birthday...I know nothing about smokers other than what I have read and watched on YOUTUBE..any suggestions. I live in Arizona south of Phoenix so I guess I don't need to be concerned with the outside temp too much....got it to make ribs, pork, chicken and sausages. Appreciate any tips Thanks, Gosh

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Gosh!

Lots of good people and info here.

Don't run the smoker with the vent closed.

Check out our recipe and FAQ site:

Recipes http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=7cd334351a4f20cde59b9a6b633f6584&f=180

FAQ http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Gosh, Welcome to the Forum.

Get that bad boy seasoned up and get that smoke to rollin.

I think KevinG is from your area.

Good luck and any question, just ask!

Tell Steve Nash I said Howdy!

Paddlinpaul

welcome. My next door neighbours up here in Canada spend their winters in Casa Grande. Looks like great country side down there. I'm sure you will love your Bradley, I sure do. I have 6 salmon curing in the fridge right now getting ready to cold smoke this weekend. I love smoked lox.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

pensrock

Welcome to the site. I would read up here and on the recipe site on pork butt. Its quite forgiving and I think a good way to start out. I would use a yellow mustard slather and Jans rub to start out with.

MPTubbs

Welcome aboard Gosh.

Your at the right place to learn how to make some fine Q!

Remember to keep the vent open and the smoke roll'n.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Gosh

Thanks, can't wait to fire this sucker up.....great info from lots of people and I will agree with you, this is an awesome place to live Gosh

KevinG

Welcome aboard Gosh, sorry I'm a little late, been out at the rodeo in Florence. Good to have you here, I'm out in Apache Junction.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Gosh

Thanks Kevin, how ironic, yesterday I was in Florence all day watching my Grandson while my daughter played in a softball tournament and today I was in Florence at the Old Pueblo restaurant for breakfast...great food, great motorcycle ride from Chandler...anyway looking forward to getting started..thanks for the reply and if you all don't mind I'll be picking everyones brains...first question..What are the most common ingredients for rubs..we want to get a list and go over to Sprouts. I realize everyone is different but if you can recommend basics I would appreciate it...Thanks, Gosh

Gosh