All in a Days Work

Started by oakville smoker, March 28, 2010, 04:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Got up Saturday morning after having taken some pre cut butts and GB out of the freezer Friday night
Firts up was grinding up the 25 pounds of stuff.  Done.  God bless technology
Next up:  snack stix.  God bless my stuffer.  I turned out 7 pounds in about 15 mins plus my new
stainless extending stuffer tube really moves things along

next up:  Some salami.  roughly 20 pounds.  They have been in the smoker since yesterday at 2 PM and
its almost 730 AM Sunday morning    Got 138 IT so far, should be done soon

That will be good because my snack stix need to be smoked this morning so I can get some ribs in there
this afternoon

I alsp picked up a couple of bellies yesterday afternoon.  The bacon inventory was getting depleted.  They are
now packaged up in cure, next weekends project

Time for a coffee now .......   Insanity.....   please make the bells stop ringing

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

stantonl

Sounds like a busy morning but really productive. Can't wait for pictures.

Larry

Tenpoint5

OS,
I feel your pain but isn't it a good feeling pain. Sounds like you had a great weekend or should I say a busy weekend
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

10 15 AM
I now have a 144 IT and this is like watching a pot boil, IT DOES NOT   LOL
I still need to get my snack stix in there and have time to cook the ribs

OH THE STRESS !  Good thing tomorrow is Monday
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

oakville smoker

1 00 PM
Finally, the water is boiled and the salami hit the final IT

here is the post bath pictures, these babies are going to hang for a few weeks and harden up a bit then get a vac pack treatment
and hang out in the fridge that has no room left in it     LOL

ArnieM

Quote from: oakville smoker on March 28, 2010, 07:17:58 AM

OH THE STRESS !  Good thing tomorrow is Monday

Does that mean you can go to work and rest up  ??? ;D

How do you dry the salami?  Do you have a temp and humidity controlled environment?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

oakville smoker

Arnie

I wish I had a temp controlled / humidity controlled environment
I use my garage that has worked fine all winter
It seems to hang around 65 or 70 degrees which seems to be just about perfect for firming these up
This will be my last load of salami until the fall. I wanted to get this done before the weather warmed up too much
This weekend is goiong to be really warm here and I might be too late
If it get sreally warm, I will put them in the fridge for a couple of days until the weather normailizes a bit and then put them back in the garage

I have a pancetta and coppa and a previous load of salami drying out there as well

ArnieM

OS, I'll bet your garage smells good!

I was thinking of my basement but I'll have to monitor the temp and humidity over a period of time.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

oakville smoker

Arnie

My house is a raised bungalow and anything that would be considered close  to being a cold room is at the front of the house under
pre formed stairs but for the most part above ground.  I would love to try to snake an AC line in there for summer but the basement is
finished.  The garage has worked pretty good so far.  It just cannot be a full year solution once the summer heat comes along