• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Securing Smoker to cart

Started by Phone Guy, May 04, 2005, 05:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

I found a cart for my BS. It is an old slide projector cart that has a fold up extention on both sides and wheels on the bottom. The top is a little larger than the BS footprint. I am worried about the possibility of a tip over(the BS not the cart). The BS is not top heavy, but if it gets bumped it could go over. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to secure the BS to the cart?

nsxbill

So you attach the BS to the cart...it gets bumped and they both go over?  :-)

I'd just go for a bigger cart.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Phone Guy

Well the cart is perfect hight for the BS and it has heavy cast wheels so it's not going over. I was more concerned that BS could tip. This cart has a foot pedal that lifts the cart so it rolls. Lift the pedal and the wheels recess so it no longer rolls. Just wondering if anyone has attached their BS to their cart.[?]

Oldman

Phone Guy,
If it was me I would use L brackets. There seems to be a fear of adding new holes to the unit here on the forums... However, in the back of the unit the back-plate is screwed on and you could add two L brackets utilizing those holes.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

mgg

Hi I think that l-brackets makes the most sense but another fix might be just some velcro somehow. The Mrs.MGG frequent brings it home from the fabric shop to fix alot of projects. Then again Duct tape in a pinch works well for everything.[:D]
Michael

When the fire dies smoke gets in you eyes

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Then again Duct tape in a pinch works well for everything.
[:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Duct Tape is like the Force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Duct Tape is like the Force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together!

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

PG, I'm not sure if I'm the odd man out here, but I'm not sure why you're so concerned about tip over in the first place (rambunctious kids or large dogs, gale force winds?) I have my BS sitting on top of a sturdy but very lightweight (perhaps 10-15#) plastic Stanley folding worktable (&lt;$30 at a store near you . . .)  It's quite stable and unless I've had six or eight too many and crash into it, it just ain't going over [8D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

oguard

My family has learned if they want great tasting food they should keep 6 feet away from the Bradley at all times unless invited into the inner circle[:D][:D]

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">KEEP ON SMOKIN</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>
<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My family has learned if they want great tasting food they should keep 6 feet away from the Bradley at all times unless invited into the inner circle<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I hear that~~!

Olds

Habanero Smoker

I have to agree with John. My BS has been on my deck, and has gone through some major wind storms, and has never been knocked over, though it has never taken on wind directly from the front or back. Due to it's location, the wind hits it from the sides. The only time I worry about the BS tipping over is when I push my cart across uneven ground.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)