Chicken Legs

Started by SnellySmokesEm, April 12, 2010, 07:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

I was home alone and bored on friday night so I decided to do some chicken wings after seeing poultry post recently with some crispy looking skin.  Since I was all alone I experimented with 3 chicken legs.  Once again I rubbed with adobo and lemon pepper.  I smoked with some cherry at 250 2.5 hours.  After the smoke was gone I moved them to the grill with some tom's bbq sauce.  I am sure they would have been great right out of the smoker but the brinkmasn was getting jealous.  They turned out great.  This was my first smoke with cherry and I thought that chicken would be a great way to taste the smoke.  Here's the pics.

Looks crispy to me  ;D

Time for some fire

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

FLBentRider

Looks great Snelly.

You like the Toms?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SnellySmokesEm

I love Tom's on Chicken and Ribs.  My stepdad turned me onto it.  They also have a spicy version.  We usually find it at Publix but we had a hard time finding the last time we went to stock up on it so the wonderful guys at publix ordered a couple cases of it.  If you cant find any ill be glad to send you some.
BBQ Evangelist

FLBentRider

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on April 12, 2010, 07:55:46 AM
I love Tom's on Chicken and Ribs.  My stepdad turned me onto it.  They also have a spicy version.  We usually find it at Publix but we had a hard time finding the last time we went to stock up on it so the wonderful guys at publix ordered a couple cases of it.  If you cant find any ill be glad to send you some.

I'll look and let you know.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: FLBentRider on April 12, 2010, 07:59:51 AM
Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on April 12, 2010, 07:55:46 AM

I'll look and let you know.

Ok Sounds good, maybe we can trade bottles  :)
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Nice lookin legs Snelly.

Cant say I've ever seen that Tom's Barbeque Sauce around here.