• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Operating temp. too low

Started by TD, April 26, 2010, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TD

Hello,

I've got to say may first experience with my "original" model Bradley was underwellming.  With the slider all the way to the right, I was only able to generate 130 degrees after 6 hrs.  I believe the temp gauge is accurate.

Has anyone else had this problem ?  Or did I just luck out and buy a lemon?

I've read that some of you add a second electric element.  Although I'm not totally against this, I feel when the ambient temp. is 60 degrees I shouldn't need one.......this time of year at least....right?

note: had pretty good smoke most of the time and the bisket advance seems to work fine.

Thank you

classicrockgriller

Welcome TD and sounds like you were just heating with the smoke gen plate.

Did your element glow red?

ArnieM

Hi TD and welcome.  As CRG said, see if the cabinet heater element glows.  If not, unplug and replug the power cord from the smoke generator to the back of the cabinet and make sure it's inserted all the way.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Welcome to the fun TD

I agree, sounds like your heatin element aint workin.

Did you check the fuse?

If what Arnie stated dont work you might want to try by passin the slider to see if the slider is at fault.

Let us know what you come up with for the fix.

TD

Oh!!!!  I didn't realize there is a heating element in addition to the one that makes the smoke.  I will definitely check that second element out.  I told you guys I was a rookie.

Thank you very much

Habanero Smoker

Like the others have mentioned, it sounds like your heating element is not working. If checking and refitting the cord don't work, it also could be your temperature circuit board.

Here is some trouble shooting information:

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)