• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hey Yall - Deer question

Started by Gordon, May 17, 2005, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

Has anyone ever smoked backstrap or inside tenderloin?  I have had heard of it done, but have any of you deer friends done so?  

Thanks,

PAsmoker

Hi, Gordon.  I did some tenderloins a few months ago for a buddy of mine.  I used a modified venison roast recipie out of S&S.  marinated overnight.  I then smoked the loins at abut 200* w/ apple pucks.  I can't recall how long I let them on.  If I remember right, I got them out when the were about medium or a little more done.  I think I had them on for about 3 hours. Not sure anymore.  just monitor temp & take off when you feel that they are to your liking.  Mine were tender, tender, tender.  Low & slow's the way to go.
The Original PAsmoker

Gordon

Chez Bubba

Bacon drip helps. Man, that's some fine eats![:p]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Tell me what BACON[:p] doesn't help.   And they said the Banana was the perfect food---NAGA.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tell me what BACON doesn't help.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Duck Man don't ask[:(!]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,

You are probably correct...[:D]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Crazy Canuck

Gordon
Welcome to the forum. I did up a tenderloin last week. Only it was Moose. I rolled the tenderloin in onion soup mix stuck it in a plastic bag and let it sit in fridge overnight. I warmed the smoker to 180 F. I wrapped the tenderloin in thick sliced bacon and put in the smoker and smoked with maple for three hours. I left in smoker till I achieved 154 F internal temp. I think if I was to do it again I would use Special Blend.

Addicted to Smokin'[:p][:p][:p]
DanR
Fort St. John BC

Gordon