• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello From California

Started by OldHickory, May 10, 2010, 04:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

I was born and raised in McMinnville, Tennessee, moved to Ca. 1971, now live In Creston,Ca. (Pop 378) 35 miles East of the ocean and Central Coast. I started cooking over a open fire when I was nine.  I learned if I could cook my Dad and his Buddies would include me on their hunting and fishing trips.  Dad couldn't make good coffee, but he sure could hunt and fish.  I went from open fire to spit to pit to hole in the ground to crank up and down to Weber kettle and added a Big Indian Chief and propane grill.  I bought my BDS4 this past Nov, added a PID and Maverick ET-73 after reading the many comments on The Forum.  I think I finally have found the epitome of good smoking.  My thanks to everyone on the Forum for your comments, experience, and recipes ---wonderful.  I look forward to reading the Forum almost daily.  I learn something new all the time.
Charlie AKA OldHickory 
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum OldHickory!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

dribron

Welcom, welcom welcome! Sounds like you have a ton of experience to share with us all.

DTAggie

Welcome to the pot of gold at the end of your smoking rainbow.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: dribron on May 10, 2010, 04:24:07 PM
Welcom, welcom welcome! Sounds like you have a ton of experience to share with us all.

Same here.

Plz don't run off and not share with us your knowledge of Smoking.

People like you can make this Forum better.

The last time I learn something new was 45 minutes ago.

Stick around and show us your smokes.

BuyLowSellHigh

Howdy OH !  Look forward to your learning from your experience.  Bet you know a thing or two about Tri-Tip!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

aces-n-eights

Welcome!  I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

KyNola

Welcome home Charlie!  McMinnville TN.  Not all that far away from me in KY.  We can learn much from you.  Stay with us.

KyNola

hal4uk

Welcome Charlie!
DPs (displaced persons) are all over this place  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DarqMan

Welcome to the forum Charlie.  It's lot's of fun around here and hard to stay away. ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Quarlow

Quote from: OldHickory on May 10, 2010, 04:17:32 PM
  I think I finally have found the epitome of good smoking.  Charlie AKA OldHickory 
I thought I found the epitome of good smoke in my teens back in the early eighties. Know I pray to a tastier god. LONG LIVE MY BRADLEY. I just don't need papers anymore. But it is still a high(when it works out right).
Welcome to the forum OldHickory.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Welcome aboard Oldhickory!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Hi OldHickory and welcome to the forum.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Welcome to the fun OldHickory.

OldHickory

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.  Yes KYNOLA, Paduca is not that far from McMinnville.  If I let my mind wander into space, I can smell the new Honeysuckle blooms from the Spring and early Summer.  CRG, your smoking extravaganza's are an amazement to me, and with good pic's.  All of you folks on this Forum are true Pro's.  Thanks again for the welcome.

OldHickory 
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.